The Student Room Group
Reply 1
jolity
my school has told me that universities such as LSE and oxbridge required something like 7A* and the rest As and GCSE and of course the full A complement at A-level

No. You'll need to be predicted straight As at A level and you'll need to be bright, but there's no required number of A*s at GCSE. I know people with far less than what you stated above. Of course there are also people with more, so I guess it averages to about that, but if you're enthusiastic about economics and you've got a brain it's worth applying.
Reply 2
jolity
my school has told me that universities such as LSE and oxbridge required something like 7A* and the rest As and GCSE and of course the full A complement at A-level

i just wondered for those who applied for the pure economics course what their a-level and GCSE results were. also exam results for other course would be helpful.

depends what school you are at, and what the top people at your school get - if several people at your school get those grades, then the teacher could be right

however, if you are one of the top performing students (say, in top 6%) then this advice isn't particularly good - all As and A*s and good reasons why you didn't get As in others should be fine, and straight As predicted for A-level as welll

if you go to an underperforming school, Oxbridge would take this into account

either way, there's nothing to stop you applying is there? apart from your teacher if you listen to him/her that is....

Latest

Trending

Trending