The Student Room Group

Any tips for my onslaught of exams which are coming up in May mostly and June?

I have a bunch load of exams:
Biology x 1
Chemistry x 1
Phsyics x 1
Information Technology(I.T) x 2
Religous Studies x 2
Art x 1
Geography x 2
Business Studies x 2
English Literature x 2
English language x 2

I struggle with Eng Lit and language(timing wise) the papers are 2hrs each
Biology Chemistry Phsyics are on mon,tues,thursday.
R.S i know alot of the thing but i dont want to flop so i might need like a brief look through(i get A* in practise tests).
I struggle alot with Geography-case studies destroy my mind and key terms.
I hate Chemistry(hard for me to understand) and Phsyics(vVery Complicated IMO too many fourmulae).Business is a written exam-alot if content to cover.ICT-struggle with key terms at time.Exam is long as well 2hours on both.

I goto school and come home around 16:00 if that helps? My exans start in May,starting hardcore revision in next week considering the majority od this month ive had homework and not making the most if free time like a idiot....

Im aiming for B and above in every subject.

I cant read a textbook,nothing goes in,notes for science seem annoying since ive already done notes in class so im just repeating my teachers notes from the textbook.
I like videos
I like mind maps
I really dont want to fail!
Sometimes when i try revise i cant think properly because I get bored or I just finished playing my ps3 before hand...
Any tips for my predicament?

Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
Original post by scrawlx101
Anyone?

wow so many

take it easy and just relax

dont stress yourself!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you doing the IGCSE? I got all A*S. And what i did was. Studied as much as i could till mid march and then start past papers! Go through the narking schemes. But seriously papers are you new best friends (Y) thats all that got me through!
Hope this helps
mate ive got the same problem, you know what you need to do.

1) find out everything you need to KNOW
2) split it up into your TIME you have until your exams start
3) do mindmaps, I love them.
4) take away all distractions, and your sorted.
Original post by Einstein16
mate ive got the same problem, you know what you need to do.

1) find out everything you need to KNOW
2) split it up into your TIME you have until your exams start
3) do mindmaps, I love them.
4) take away all distractions, and your sorted.

Plus you could take the syllabus and tick each thing one by one! It helps! And put a countdown calendar! when you realise time is running out, you will start studying yourself! and since you have so many exams you need to build stamina! Start past papers NOW.
Reply 6
For english, practice the timing. Wear a watch or bring a little clock to class tests as it helps keep your eye on the time. I tend to set myself a time to finish an essay and if I'm not finished within that time I still move on. You may not finish all your essays within the test, but you improve over time. If you don't want to do that for school tests practice it at home.

I got an A* in my geography GCSE and I learnt the case studies by making up acrostic poems. I found it so easy to remember.

As for the science, this happens all the time even at alevel. Everybody will be in the same boat as you. All i suggest is equally revise for them the weeks before the exams and force on one science before the exam. Eg, focus on sunday for biology, monday for chemistry and tuesday for physics. Its all you can do!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending