The Student Room Group

Year 11 Exams! How many do you have?

Hey guys,

I'm in Year 11 and have recently received my exam timetable. I have a total of 23 exams!
The subjects I am taking are:
English Language
English Literature
History
Maths
Physics
Biology
Chemistry
R.S
Art
P.E

I am also doing I.T, and have completed my Geography GCSE (I got an A).
Has anyone else got this many exams? Have you started revising yet? Any revision advice, these exams are mindbaffling :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by LFC08
Hey guys,

I'm in Year 11 and have recently received my exam timetable. I have a total of 23 exams!
English Language
English Literature
History
Maths
Physics
Biology
Chemistry
R.S
Art
P.E

Has anyone else got this many exams? Have you started revising yet? Any revision advice, these exams are mindbaffling :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have 21 over 10 GSCE's
I have a bunch load of exams:
Biology x 1
Chemistry x 1
Phsyics x 1
Information Technology(I.T) x 2
Religous Studies x 4
Art x 1
Geography x 2
Business Studies x 2
English Literature x 2
English language x 2
Hi,

I did my GCSE’s last year, so I know howyou are feeling at the moment. I took my exams all at once like you, maybe notas many, but I had a lot!
I know it is a lot of stress thinking aboutthe exams, but try not to worry; it would be a good idea to start revision whenyou have time but don’t overdo it. I was always told not to revise more than30mins each time, so it is best to split up revision times and have breaks. Apopular revision technique is to make mind maps of each subject, summarisingthe key information that you need to know (perhaps use different colours). Thisdoesn’t work for everyone, another idea is to make notes as you would do inclass and highlight key points, this may work for some subjects more thanothers. Another idea would be to look at past exam papers if you know the examboard, there should be lots on the internet.
Well done on getting an A in Geography, youare obviously very capable, so you will do well in your exams. Just remember totry your best and that is all you can do.
I hope I have helped, but don’t worry aboutit, you will get through it.
Matt

Reply 4
Original post by matthew59603
Hi,

I did my GCSE’s last year, so I know howyou are feeling at the moment. I took my exams all at once like you, maybe notas many, but I had a lot!
I know it is a lot of stress thinking aboutthe exams, but try not to worry; it would be a good idea to start revision whenyou have time but don’t overdo it. I was always told not to revise more than30mins each time, so it is best to split up revision times and have breaks. Apopular revision technique is to make mind maps of each subject, summarisingthe key information that you need to know (perhaps use different colours). Thisdoesn’t work for everyone, another idea is to make notes as you would do inclass and highlight key points, this may work for some subjects more thanothers. Another idea would be to look at past exam papers if you know the examboard, there should be lots on the internet.
Well done on getting an A in Geography, youare obviously very capable, so you will do well in your exams. Just remember totry your best and that is all you can do.
I hope I have helped, but don’t worry aboutit, you will get through it.
Matt

Thank you so much! This has helped me a lot, I think I am just going to do a few subjects a night, and not do too much like you said. I am going to give past papers a go, I bet that will help loads. Exams are always on my mind as there is a lot of pressure for me to do well. School expects me to be getting top grades (A*'s, A's) and my sister got straight A's and A*'s so it is hard for me to know I must please everyone, but I will try my very best :wink:

Thanks again! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have 23 exams too, and I've already taken gcse's in math and French and unit 1's and 2's for biology chemistry and physics.

Instead of drawing up a revision timetable I find it best to make little checklists for each subject about what I need to know. And I can mark sections I need to work more on. I prefer this to timetables because I don't always know how long each section will take. I also tend to set little targets over a few days so I might say by Wednesday I want to have finished one chapter of math and one chapter of history in terms of notes.

And the other thing is that you should leave past papers till the end. They are extremely helpful but at least for me I find it best if I leave them till i know all the knowledge apart from maybe one at the start just to spot weak points
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by LFC08
Hey guys,

English Language
English Literature
History
Maths
Physics
Biology
Chemistry
R.S
Art
P.E

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had 21 exams when I did my GCSEs two years ago, as well as coursework which wasn't completed until May which was very time-consuming too.

I started revising in April, if I remember correctly, although the content we had was probably very different to what you study now (the sciences, for example, have become a lot tougher now).
I have twenty!

Biology (2)
Chemistry (2)
Drama (0)
English (2)
History (2)
Japanese (4)
Latin (4)
Mathematics (2)
Physics (2)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
19 exams.
However, I am in year 10 and go to a school that sits them a year early.
I'm taking;
English
English Literature
Mathematics
French
HIstory
Law
Chemistry
ICT (short-course)

FUN TIMES! LOL!
I have 15 exams.
Maths(2)
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
English Language
History(3)
Geography(2)
RE(2)
Business Studies(2)
EDIT: I have already completed GCSE English Literature(A) and GCSE Core Science(A)
(edited 10 years ago)
24 I win.

3 maths
2 English lit
1 eng lang
3 hist
2 geog
9 science (why did I choose triple?)
2 French
2 f maths
Reply 11
8 mocks with the 1st one being on the 11th March and going on till the 4th April and I think I have 9 real GCSE exams.
Original post by LFC08
Hey guys,

English Language
English Literature
History
Maths
Physics
Biology
Chemistry
R.S
Art
P.E

Posted from TSR Mobile

22-25. Unsure wether I'm actually taking 3 of them aha! Triple science is excessive, 9 exams!
9 Science
2 ICT
2 Music
2 RE
2 English language
2 English literature
2 Maths
2 Health & Social

And potentially 1 dance and 1 French exam.
I revise for 5 hours a day, plus extra revision after school, and one whole day at the weekend! Mock papers and tests and quizzes are a huge help to test memory!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by scrawlx101
I have a bunch load of exams:
Biology x 1
Chemistry x 1
Phsyics x 1
Information Technology(I.T) x 2
Religous Studies x 4
Art x 1
Geography x 2
Business Studies x 2
English Literature x 2
English language x 2

Oh gosh 4 RE exams! I only have 2! What exam board are you on? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
i have 24 i think..

history x 3
spanish x 2
english langauge x 2 igcse).
english literature x 2
business x 2
physics x 3
chemistry x 3
biology x 3
maths x 2
RE x 2
23 for me:

9 science
4 maths
1 english language
2 english literature
2 re
1 electronics
1 pe
1 psychology
2 Spanish
Original post by JasmineMariah
22-25. Unsure wether I'm actually taking 3 of them aha! Triple science is excessive, 9 exams!
9 Science
2 ICT
2 Music
2 RE
2 English language
2 English literature
2 Maths
2 Health & Social

And potentially 1 dance and 1 French exam.
I revise for 5 hours a day, plus extra revision after school, and one whole day at the weekend! Mock papers and tests and quizzes are a huge help to test memory!

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you start? (I manage to do 6 hours/7 hours on a school night. During the weekend, up to 10-11 hours)
Original post by Winading001
When did you start? (I manage to do 6 hours/7 hours on a school night. During the weekend, up to 10-11 hours)

I started in November :smile: well done on your revision schedule btw!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JasmineMariah
I started in November :smile: well done on your revision schedule btw!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. I had no other option. I started Late January.
Original post by Winading001
Thanks. I had no other option. I started Late January.

That's fine! I only started mine early because our exams where moved forward quite a bit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest