The Student Room Group

How much of your dissertation have you done?

How many words have you completed?

I am currently on 4,000 and my deadline is 28th April

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Didn't do one
Reply 2
Mine was 200 pages but actual dissertation was like 50-60 pages but I've done that over a year ago :mmm: What is your dissertation about? And what type it is? Analysis or something else?
Original post by King Leonidas
How many words have you completed?

I am currently on 4,000 and my deadline is 28th April

On 5000/11000 and due 27/3/14, it's the final stretch now.
Reply 4
My deadline is 27th of march and I have done 0/7500 :s-smilie: dead serious
Reply 5
Deadline 11th April. Done 4,500 words out of 10,000.
Reply 6
Original post by ForgetMe
Mine was 200 pages but actual dissertation was like 50-60 pages but I've done that over a year ago :mmm: What is your dissertation about? And what type it is? Analysis or something else?

200 pages? Are you serious?

I always thought the avg dissertation was 10-15k words even for medicine. What course are you doing?
Reply 7
Original post by Red one
200 pages? Are you serious?

I always thought the avg dissertation was 10-15k words even for medicine. What course are you doing?

200 pages included all supplements that I had to put in. My dissertation was The Analysis of the Translation of Medical Leaflets from English into Lithuanian language. I did Business English, so my half of studies were business related, the other half translation related.

I've just checked and my total word count is 10521 because I had to put some of the analysis examples as supplements but they still count as content.

Oh sorry, apparently it's not 200 pages :teehee: it says 90 pages :biggrin: I don't even know where I did get that 200 from :lolwut:
(edited 10 years ago)
200 pages included all supplements that I had to put in. My dissertation was The Analysis of the Translation of Medical Leaflets from English into Lithuanian language. I did Business English, so my half of studies were business related, the other half translation related.

That went straight over my head until it hit the stratosphere after which it bounced back down to earth. Swooshed passed my head and disintegrated into the earths core along with any understanding I might of had of what on earth that is about.
Reply 9
Original post by adamsmithqm
That went straight over my head until it hit the stratosphere after which it bounced back down to earth. Swooshed passed my head and disintegrated into the earths core along with any understanding I might of had of what on earth that is about.

Which part did you not understand? :tongue:
Which part did you not understand? :tongue:

I understood it. It just seems like such a narrow and niche topic I have no idea how you chose it.

I didn't even know it was a thing.
**hyper ventilating**

hopefully 2000 words by tomorrow.

12000 words due may 14 (also can add 2 weeks extra)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by adamsmithqm
I understood it. It just seems like such a narrow and niche topic I have no idea how you chose it.

I didn't even know it was a thing.

Narrow? :toofunny: There are many sources for theory alone and many sources for analysis. It takes a lot of effort and understand to do it and I took it as a challenge which I defeated :colonhash: No one took it because only few of us took strong and difficult topics, the rest grabbed the easiest ones. No one took mine because it's too difficult and requires a lot of reading, understanding and very time consuming.
Narrow? :toofunny: There are many sources for theory alone and many sources for analysis. It takes a lot of effort and understand to do it and I took it as a challenge which I defeated :colonhash: No one took it because only few of us took strong and difficult topics, the rest grabbed the easiest ones. No one took mine because it's too difficult and requires a lot of reading, understanding and very time consuming.

Congrats on defeating that tough title! :smile:

Doing mine on the ethics of selective abortion/eugenics and the impact it has on certain groups of people in society, for philosophy. Damn, your dissertation seems long, 200 pages:lolwut:
Good luck:smile:
Original post by lyrical_lie
On 5000/11000 and due 27/3/14, it's the final stretch now.

Original post by donutaud15
**hyper ventilating**

hopefully 2000 words by tomorrow.

12000 words due may 14 (also can add 2 weeks extra)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by gemmam
Deadline 11th April. Done 4,500 words out of 10,000.
Reply 16
My deadline is 10th April

0 words done.. oooppss better get started tomorow! 12k to go!

I do know what I need to do, its just getting it done..
Reply 17

Thanks, you to :smile:

Thanks, we can all come and rant when it's getting too much!
Reply 19
I've done 1800 words and it's due in on March 26th...

No motivation right now at all.

Quick Reply

Latest