The Student Room Group

What's the biggest age gap in a relationship you'd be comfortable with?

... and would you judge someone and treat them differently if they were in a relationship with someone a fair amount older?

No real reason for asking, just curious :smile:

Edit: don't forget to say how old you are! :P
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
To be honest I'm not interested in women under 24 now. There are always exceptions though. They're just too immature and they often in my experience are obsessed with 'the club' and going out. The people who say young women are more mature than young men are wrong. Women and men are just different.

I'm comfortable with dating a woman up to the age of 40. I like more mature women. They know what they want, most of the time they aren't on the nightclub scene and they know how to hold an interesting convo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Well as I'm still young :wink: under 2 years if they were younger than me but otherwise maybe 3 :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say maximum 5 for me
Reply 4
It totally depends how old you are, the older you are the bigger the acceptable gap. When you're a teenager the maximum is two or three but by the time you're older it goes up. I would say however old you are anything above fifteen is verging on weird, though of course it depends on the specific scenario.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Personally I wouldnt go with more than five in either direction but of course I could make exceptions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As an 18 year old girl, I'd really only be comfortable with someone just a couple of years older.

Posted from TSR Mobile
5 years older, probably a few months younger.
Reply 8
I'd go 20 years either way.
Reply 9
Personally I don't really like an age gap, 2 years at the most would be about as far as I'd go with an age gap.

I do not have a problem with other people in relationships with older people, it's none of my business.
3 years older than me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
4 Years above and 4 Years below.
I'm fine with 10 years older. 10 years younger I'm not so sure - a 20 year old guy might seem a tad on the immature side to me... but I'd never say never.

Other peoples relationships are none of my business. I have, however, seen a 40 year age gap relationship between two people fail rather spectacularly.
Maybe 2 years younger max, and about the same older.
I'm 18 and my limit right now would probably be someone 22 or 17.
I'm 18 (nearly 19) and would say i would date someone up to 5-6 years older. I don't like the idea of dating someone younger than me, maybe 1 year younger :redface:
Reply 16
I'm 21. I think I'd find it hard to be interested in anyone younger unless they really stood out as above their age.

I would probably date up to around 40 years old, they would have to be pretty special/be great in bed. I've been with a 32 year old and have been emotionally interested in a 37 year old. With the latter, I didn't know his age specifically, it simply didn't matter. I don't feel that age alone matters.

My partner is 26, though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
I'm 29. I've only really dated/been interested in guys a similar age to me (my boyfriend is two years younger, others have always been the same age or a year older) so I don't think I'd feel comfortable dating someone 5+ years either side. I probably wouldn't have dated a younger guy or a guy more than two or three years older in my teens and early 20s, however now I'm older it doesn't matter.
(edited 10 years ago)
19. Wouldn't go younger by more than a year, upto 24/25 ish.
I am 19 years old. 2/3 years older than me is as far as I would go, I don't think I would date somebody younger than myself and if I were too 1 year younger than me is my limit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending