The Student Room Group

Who's protein is the best?

Hello all you budding gym lovers!!

Thought I would do a quick thread on what protein everyone is currently using and the benefits there seeing.

As students we all know how tough times can be money wise so I was also wondering what is best value for money?

I'm currently using The Protein Works chocolate flavoured whey protein 90 however the 80 is just as good if you want to save a bit of money!

You can also get 250g of free whey protein on your first order over £10. Simply add the referral code BW1841 when registering your details.

Any of your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Go Nutrition is pretty damn good
Reply 2
Myprotein impact whey, pleasantly cheap, doesn't taste too bad, and actually mixes better than most of the others I've tried!
Reply 3
Which flavour would you recommend?

I tend to stick to chocolate but fancy a change.
Original post by Bradw

I tend to stick to chocolate but fancy a change.

I have Key lime pie by GN, tastes like lime and white chocolate imo, very tasty
Reply 5
I've had quite a variety of flavours, I find you can never go wrong with Strawberry. Banana started off okay but I got a bit sick of it by the end and vanilla is quite nice as is chocolate mint.
Reply 6
All whey protein concentrate is basically the same stuff.

I currently am a big fan of Myprotein's natural vanilla impact whey.
Reply 7
Original post by Angry cucumber
I have Key lime pie by GN, tastes like lime and white chocolate imo, very tasty

I can't imagine that tasting nice lol. I've got the black forest gateau. Am tempted to buy a few smaller bags next time to test some flavours.
Original post by illusionz
I can't imagine that tasting nice lol. I've got the black forest gateau. Am tempted to buy a few smaller bags next time to test some flavours.

Yeh GN do their 10 sample packs for £5.99 - I've just ordered it

For KLP - if you like citrus in general then you'll like it :smile:
Reply 9
I use PHD Pharma Whey HT. Not that much protein per serving but it's cheap at £50 per 4.5kg
Reply 10
myprotein impact whey is pretty effective and cheap. Tastes great also.
I get my choco flavoured whey for 25 pounds per 2.5kg. High amounts of protein and low carbs is what I like.
Original post by Bradw

Vanille flavour is my favorite one!
myprotein.co.uk is the best, use referral code MP25261795 for extra money off as well as their birthday sale

Posted from TSR Mobile
I see lots of people talking about flavours, have you thought about buying unflavoured protein and buying flavouring drops? Saves you from getting fed up with one flavour (I generally just buy chocolate, lol).

Quick Reply

Latest