The Student Room Group

University interview: Media Portfolio

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had an interview for a uni and have been required to bring in a media production portfolio. I understand it would showcase my work e.g a montage of videos and so on. But would I include paper work and how would I present this?
thanks
Hello -I had to have FIVE interveis for every one of my Uni's as I applied for Film production, I would reccomend having a visual portfolio (screenshots, posters, scripts, articles, analysis work) and a DVD montage of your work which is less than 5 minutes. As long as you can show how your work's improved and your passion, then thats great.
Reply 2
Original post by nataliecsutton
Hello -I had to have FIVE interveis for every one of my Uni's as I applied for Film production, I would reccomend having a visual portfolio (screenshots, posters, scripts, articles, analysis work) and a DVD montage of your work which is less than 5 minutes. As long as you can show how your work's improved and your passion, then thats great.

agh really? how did they go? how did you present paperwork to them? just literally have the paper work there? thanks for your help
Yeah, I just got a file with clear sheets and put my work in there. I had my best and marked work to show how I improved. They went really well - got into all five! Which unis are you looking at?
Reply 4
Yeah, I just got a file with clear sheets and put my work in there. I had my best and marked work to show how I improved. They went really well - got into all five! Which unis are you looking at?

Ah ok wicked. Thank you! Only problem all my work has been sent off and I'm unable to retrieve it. So only have final unmarked versions! Did you show story boards and stuff? I've got an interview for ual. Did you go there?
Yeah, storyboards, reviews and work I did in and outside of school. Show that its your passion in and outside of school. No I didn't apply there - I didn't like the sound of the campus.
Reply 6
Yeah, storyboards, reviews and work I did in and outside of school. Show that its your passion in and outside of school. No I didn't apply there - I didn't like the sound of the campus.

oh ok thanks, this could be very tricky considering I've had a two year gap year, but i will do what i can! thanks for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending