The Student Room Group

Those little things that make you LIVID

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
But it's not a sudden thing, it's not like a wee, it comes on gradually.

I wouldn't, but if I find out they've done one, I get annoyed

Why are women always so funny about their bathrooms & pooing?
Original post by dbcampbell
Why are women always so funny about their bathrooms & pooing?

I dunno just don't like other people pooing in my toilet
People who drink from the bottles that that people share, such as milk and 2 litre Coke.
Tbf I wouldn't want someone ****ting in my bathroom either and I wouldn't feel comfortable dropping the kids off in someone else's house. Dunno why tbh, just one of them things I guess.

this covers my views fully
Reply 85
Original post by ninuzu
What if they don't need to go beforehand? :confused: People don't just hold in a poo for the sake of it, you know... I'm sure if they needed one before they came out, they would go for one.
Plus also, how would you know? It's not like someone announces they are going for a poo. They would just excuse themselves. Are you suggesting you ask people what they are doing before using your toilet?

But it's not a sudden thing, it's not like a wee, it comes on gradually.

I wouldn't, but if I find out they've done one, I get annoyed

Agree with ninuzu - I'm sure ppl if they needed would poo in their own homes before coming over to yours - it's not like they are intentionally holding it in to let it out at yours. Also, what - you only allow them to stay for less than an hour? Because it could come gradually if they are staying at your flat for over extended period of time and ate something there.......or do you not feed your guests as well?
Original post by SoftPunch
Agree with ninuzu - I'm sure ppl if they needed would poo in their own homes before coming over to yours - it's not like they are intentionally holding it in to let it out at yours. Also, what - you only allow them to stay for less than an hour? Because it could come gradually if they are staying at your flat for over extended period of time and ate something there.......or do you not feed your guests as well?

No obviouslt they can stay longer than an hour but in an hour you aren't going to go from not needing it at all to being desperate
Reply 87
I dunno just don't like other people pooing in my toilet

Suppose that's fair enough, I just think people make too much of it.

Like people who wont go in anyone's but their own.

tbh, I go anywhere (so long as it's clean) and at mine there's air freshner for people to use after...
Reply 88
When you drop something small on the floor, like a coin or something, and it just disappears into a different dimension. I end up on my knees just thinking "it should be RIGHT THERE! I saw it land for Christ's sake, this is impossible"
Reply 89
Original post by *Sarah
You know like, people putting the wet teaspoon in the sugar. Or people putting unrolled socks into the washing machine. Those really small, insignificant things that absolutely enrage you.

Annoying spelling/grammar errors. Such as people writing "alot" instead of being "a lot". Really irks me.
Original post by laalNick
Annoying spelling/grammar errors. Such as people writing "alot" instead of being "a lot". Really irks me.

Technically that "being" shouldn't be there. Doesn't read well.
Reply 91
Original post by Anonymous Coward
Technically that "being" shouldn't be there. Doesn't read well.

Yes you are correct, it isn't needed but I didn't say I don't annoy myself. :tongue:Right, it's time to stick kettle on and make more caffeinated beverages as losing the ability to communicate effectively. Hope I don't find coffee granules in the sugar! That's annoying. :smile:
Yes you are correct, it isn't needed but I didn't say I don't annoy myself. :tongue:Right, it's time to stick kettle on and make more caffeinated beverages as losing the ability to communicate effectively. Hope I don't find coffee granules in the sugar! That's annoying. :smile:

:biggrin: Happens to all of us.
Original post by Ripper-Roo
The sound of whispering, like that silly girl in the Secret Escapes advert. Piss off

Even the best hotels don't want empty beds..but keep that to yourself :colondollar:
Reply 94
:biggrin: Happens to all of us.

Especially near the end of the day! But I never write a lot as one word though. :wink: Thanks to an English teacher at school drumming it into our brains because it was one of her pet hates!
Especially near the end of the day! But I never write a lot as one word though. :wink: Thanks to an English teacher at school drumming it into our brains because it was one of her pet hates!

It's a really common mistake. Because of the way it's spoken, I guess people just assume that it's one word.

I don't like seeing the misuse of apostrophes (e.g. 'To the Smith's' on a Christmas card envelope)

Or 'its' as 'it's'
Reply 96
People who use the word literally as just a random intensifier.

literal- lit·er·al (lĭt′ər-əl)adj.1. Being in accordance with, conforming to, or upholding the exact or primary meaning of a word or words.

You didn't literally die laughing
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 97
It's a really common mistake. Because of the way it's spoken, I guess people just assume that it's one word.

I don't like seeing the misuse of apostrophes (e.g. 'To the Smith's' on a Christmas card envelope)

Or 'its' as 'it's'

I fear a lot of people don't know what an apostrophe is for. Therefore don't use them correctly.
Reply 98
Original post by ifanclarke
People who use the word literally as just a random intensifier.

literal- lit·er·al (lĭt′ər-əl)adj.1. Being in accordance with, conforming to, or upholding the exact or primary meaning of a word or words.

You didn't literally die laughing, you moron.

Good one! I literally died in shock at the truth in your words.:tongue:
Very true it does :colone:. I blame it on my phone/laziness. The apostrophes are easier to locate/press than the quotation marks. Just gotten used to using them instead.
Does look slightly confusing though.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest