The Student Room Group

Welbeck DSFC

When I was 11/12 I had a chest infection. Due to this I was prescribed inhalers, I still am, but haven't taken them in over 2 years. I was never diagnosed with asthma.
Currently, I'm in year 9 at school. I have enquired at Welbeck, and I was told that if I had been prescribed medication in the pastfour years, prior to entry of Welbeck,I would not be eligible for service in the RAF, Army or Navy. I've always wanted to be part of the RAF when I go to Welbeck, however, this may not be possible due to the fact that I am still prescribed inhalers, though don't take.
I really want too through Welbeck wit the RAF, but may have to result to the DESG,which isn't m first choice, but it is an option. However, I've committed myself to join through the RAF.
I know I have a long time before I even think about having to apply. I'm determined to get in via the RAF, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas into what I could possibly do to increase my chances of attendance?
I'm hoping to go into the RN through Welbeck and am in year 11 now but I've had inhalers in the past (my last prescription being a year ago). I'm in the navy application process now and up to my medical which'll be early april I think so I guess that's when I'll find out if I'll be accepted. If I'm failed I will appeal on the grounds that by the time I start training I will have been 6 years clear of prescription, I've had very mild asthma and never formally diagnosed. I've also read they can base their decision on the pjft as well and I know I'll not have a problem with that so fingers crossed. I'm also doing my application form for DESG now because sometimes you can transfer to one of the forces when at uni however there could be problems and you shouldn't rely on that. I'll let you know whether I passed the medical :smile: hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest