The Student Room Group

Getting into university with out a levels alternative entry

Hi I currently have spoken to one of my friends and they told me about an alternative entry to get into university without going to college and getting A Levels. In just wondering what is it I have to do to go about this for next year. I would like to be a social worker what do I need to study and how do I go about it to get into university without these a levels. Of anyone could help me that would be great. Thank you :smile:
This depends on how old you are.

'Mature' students are those over 21 who have worked and have 'other experience' to offer beyond exam qualifications. They still have to have evidence that they can work, think, study, write at the required high level so usually do either an 'Access' course at a University, Open University credits or some relevant A levels as proof of this.

Under 21 and without A levels? Not a hope. You cannot expect to dodge A levels when the University insists everybody has to have them (or their equivalent)? And, far more importantly, if you can't cope with A levels (or simply can't be bothered to do them) then you won't be able to cope with degree level study.

Quick Reply

Latest