The Student Room Group

Out of ideas. (Norovirus)

I so wish this one lasted 2 and a half days like last time. I know this isn't the beat place to ask, but only other place open is NHS direct and well they can't do anything just yet.

I guess a little background would be good here. Well my body decided to get norovirus and a possible throat viral injection 6 days ago. I have only managed to eat 7 pieces of toast in the 6 days and was drinking water ok ish up till well yesterday.

Now here is where the problem is all of today when I drink water I'm sick, well I say sick, all I'm brining up is a bit of watery stuff and quite some phlegm. I have tries orange juice, green tea, limeaid, tango blackcurrant, iron brew, lucozade and tango apple and well it seems my body don't like drinking any of it, I've also tried different types of frozen lollipops and calippo and well I can't seem to have any. Being sick about 12 times today and 6 yesterday don't help at alp either.

With my body already close to very dehydrated, only releasing about 3/4 of a pint in pee today. I don't really want to end up on a iv drip, but I'm totally out of things to drink to stay hydrated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh dear... I'm sure you obv know the worst thing that can happen is that you get overly dehydrated ... If you can't even keep water down maybe an IV drip is the thing to do here... you seem to have tried everything that I know to do. I feel v sorry for you... I wouldn't even wait. If you really can't keep even water down, I wouldn't wait, every hour that goes past without fluids is very bad. Good luck, so for the lack of help.

Quick Reply

Latest