The Student Room Group

Politicans debate taking Muslim chilidren at risk of islamic indoctrination into care

Poll

Should Government take muslim kids into care when at risk from islamists?

Ideally i would guess to give the children a better upbringing and avoid breeding terrorists of the future. Do you agree with this idea? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26413024 See Poll
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Children are generally taken away from parents of any faith who indoctrinate them. I don't see why Islam would be any different.
Reply 2
Original post by redferry
Children are generally taken away from parents of any faith who indoctrinate them. I don't see why Islam would be any different.

currently very few children are actually removed for parents due to indoctrination - that is the point i think Johnson was making. and in the case of islam, there is far more indoctrination going than others
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by EatMyJunk
currently very few children are actually removed for parents due to indoctrination - that is the point i think Johnson was making. and in the case of islam, there is far more indoctrination going than others

Both my parents are ex social workers and I know of a number of cases myself.

Men I support it its not good for kids to be in that kind of environment.
Wouldn't that almost be the entire muslim population? :confused:
Reply 5
Original post by redferry
Both my parents are ex social workers and I know of a number of cases myself.

Men I support it its not good for kids to be in that kind of environment.

so basically you agree with boris johnsons proposal to increase the number of kids taken into care
Reply 6
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Wouldn't that almost be the entire muslim population? :confused:

Radical Muslim's... lol

Problem is many muslim's in the UK are become radicalized, many more so than even in certain middle eastern countries.
Reply 7
This is funny because you'll find it is not Muslim parents that are responsible for their children from becoming terrorists but rather people like Anjem Chaudhary.

I find it absolutely hilarious how this man is consistently given a platform to air his hateful views over and over again. It's as if the media is begging him to come on to espouse his bull****.
Wouldn't that involve all muslim children?

Poor little innocent children
Reply 9
Religious indoctrination is child abuse, but what makes them different from other religions or other types of backgrounds? If we are to take away children from them without a clear concrete reason why, we could be taking children from anybody, especially when the power to do so has fallen into the wrong hands.

But to do so, there really needs to be a clear distinction between muslim parents and other types of parents.
Reply 12
Original post by Bill_Gates
Wouldn't that involve all muslim children?

Poor little innocent children

The kids who become radicalized always become so in isolation and without the knowledge of their family. The statistics back this up.

His quote does not even state that Lee Rigby's killers were indoctrinated by Muslim parents, only that some Muslim parents are radicalising their children to feel the same hatred and insanity that Lee Rigby's killers did.
Reply 14
Original post by clh_hilary
But to do so, there really needs to be a clear distinction between muslim parents and other types of parents.

What about kids who have parents part of UKIP/BNP/EDL? Should they be removed from care? Where do we draw the line?

Look, I think it's perfectly acceptable to remove children from any household which teaches violence and murder is the way forward, but how exactly does one determine this? Are they going to spy exclusively on Muslim households?

The proposal itself is retarded.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Religious indoctrination is child abuse, but what makes them different from other religions or other types of backgrounds? If we are to take away children from them without a clear concrete reason why, we could be taking children from anybody, especially when the power to do so has fallen into the wrong hands.

i doubt he was talking about all religious families, only those where theres a ricsk of indoctrination turnign the kid into a criminal or terrorist. islam has kicked out more of these than any other in terms of uk population in recent years
Original post by oz40
What about kids who have parents part of UKIP/BNP/EDL? Should they be removed from care?

That is precisely my point. But why stop there? If there isn't an actual clear-cut definition, and a universal, fundamental reason why muslim parents should not bring up children against all other types of parents, anyone can be deemed undesirable.

How about parents who are part of the Conservatives? And Labour? And Lib Dem? With any political, religious, societal affiliation with anyone, anything at all?

How about parents who listen to Justin Bieber? Who watch bad films? Who read Fifty Shades of Grey​?
Reply 17
That is precisely my point. But why stop there? If there isn't an actual clear-cut definition, and a universal, fundamental reason why muslim parents should not bring up children against all other types of parents, anyone can be deemed undesirable.

How about parents who are part of the Conservatives? And Labour? And Lib Dem? With any political, religious, societal affiliation with anyone, anything at all?

How about parents who listen to Justin Bieber? Who watch bad films? Who read Fifty Shades of Grey​?

We should ban alcoholics from having children. And those who take drugs. And chavs.

Good shout with JB.
i doubt he was talking about all religious families, only those where theres a ricsk of indoctrination turnign the kid into a criminal or terrorist. islam has kicked out more of these than any other in terms of uk population in recent years

Fair enough. But this is the reason why I said it would be important to have a clear distinction.

Like what's considered indoctrination, to what extent should they not be allowed to bring up children, the alternatives, and the ways to proof, appeal, and change, etc.

Just saying that indoctrination involves islamic ideas won't work.
Original post by oz40
We should ban alcoholics from having children. And those who take drugs. And chavs.

Good shout with JB.

But even that, there still are many questions.

What kind of alcohol/drugs? How many types of them combined? What if it's just weed? What if it's 10 different types of drinks every day?

How do you define who an alcoholic is? How do you prove it?

Do you allow them to change? How long of a treatment would be enough? Will there be strikes?

Then of course with the government there's also the issue concerning its costs.

---

People who have got Bieber fever definitely shouldn't be allowed to bear children. They probably shouldn't be allowed to exist! :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest