The Student Room Group

China confirms its first major terrorrist attack by Islamists

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Aoide
I'm not talking about how the media or the public treats them, and I am quite clearly referring to extremist islam rather than the religion as a whole. Don't start trying to make the them seem innocent- the individuals I'm talking about are the ones spreading hate. I was referring to legal freedoms provided by the government. However biased the public has become ( rightly or wrongly it is hardly a surprise that in the UK terrorism is equated with islam, this generation the vast majority of terrorist attacks in the UK are committed by islamists) the government has given Muslims (even those which routines cross into extremism) exactly the same freedoms as everyone else.

You are deluding yourself if you think that China, a country with a terrible human rights record and a history of putting the needs of the state above those of its people, is going to respond reasonably to terrorist attacks. China will act rapidly and harshly should there be even the slightest hint of islam causing problems for the state.

No. China will not respond like America where they practically invaded the middle east after 9/11. China will respond more reasonably than America, who are the biggest hypocrites ever. Muslims will not be persecuted by the state as a result, unlike that of the west. Muslims are a integral part of China, and China is unlikely to persecute such a majority in its country. The Chinese government has, and always will, give Muslims the same amount of freedom as everyone else, they will not become persecuted as a result. Look at other attacks in China, has any group of people become persecuted as a result? NO. Shut up and stop making these offensive and inaccurate accusations that has no basis.

"China, a country with a terrible human rights record and a history of putting the needs of the state above those of its people"
Please give evidence of this of this rather strong and offensive accusation. Anything that China has done which violate human rights America has also committed, there is not a single incident which China has done something America, the land of "freedom", has not done.

Please gather more information for more reliable source before making accusations and attacks. Where exactly did you get this notion of China? Oh yes, western media, which has been extremely biased toward the east. You really haven't got a clue what you are talking about, have you lived in China? Have you had first hand experience of so called government oppression? No. Because it does not exist. Look at the way the media is portraying Putin right now, downright propaganda. the media does not write what it want to write, it write in accordance with government stance.
Reply 81
Original post by KongShou
No. China will not respond like America where they practically invaded the middle east after 9/11. China will respond more reasonably than America, who are the biggest hypocrites ever. Muslims will not be persecuted by the state as a result, unlike that of the west. Muslims are a integral part of China, and China is unlikely to persecute such a majority in its country. The Chinese government has, and always will, give Muslims the same amount of freedom as everyone else, they will not become persecuted as a result. Look at other attacks in China, has any group of people become persecuted as a result? NO. Shut up and stop making these offensive and inaccurate accusations that has no basis.
"

China, a country with a terrible human rights record and a history of putting the needs of the state above those of its people"
Please give evidence of this of this rather strong and offensive accusation. Anything that China has done which violate human rights America has also committed, there is not a single incident which China has done something America, the land of "freedom", has not done.

Please gather more information for more reliable source before making accusations and attacks. Where exactly did you get this notion of China? Oh yes, western media, which has been extremely biased toward the east. You really haven't got a clue what you are talking about, have you lived in China? Have you had first hand experience of so called government oppression? No. Because it does not exist. Look at the way the media is portraying Putin right now, downright propaganda. the media does not write what it want to write, it write in accordance with government stance.

1) Yeah, there is persecution of groups of the Chinese population. The fact that there are legalised branches of Christianity which are only accepted by becoming puppets of the Chinese government tells you all you need to know about china's attitude to personal freedom. You might also wish to have a look at china's response to "inciting subversion of state power".

2)What a pathetic argument, seeing something first hand isn't the only way to see evidence for it. Otherwise I'd be justified in questioning china's existence. Multiple groups from across the political spectrum with no unified agenda have repeatedly observed human rights breaches in china.

You are more biased than you accuse the media of being if you believe all media is pandering to the government. Certain media groups yes, but it is ridiculous to think an organisation critical of the government is going to suddenly lie for them when it comes to china.

If the Chinese are so happy and content with each other and the government why are people being persecuted by the state for standing against them?
Reply 82
Original post by Aoide
1) Yeah, there is persecution of groups of the Chinese population. The fact that there are legalised branches of Christianity which are only accepted by becoming puppets of the Chinese government tells you all you need to know about china's attitude to personal freedom. You might also wish to have a look at china's response to "inciting subversion of state power".

Please elaborate more. Give examples. This paragraph basically said nothing. Pathetic.

2)What a pathetic argument, seeing something first hand isn't the only way to see evidence for it. Otherwise I'd be justified in questioning china's existence. Multiple groups from across the political spectrum with no unified agenda have repeatedly observed human rights breaches in china.

I'd argue that yes it is. You are justified in questioning the existence of China. If there is one thing that I learnt from having lived in 3 different countries, is that nothing is presented without bias. The west is unlikely to portray China in a good light, and similarly China is unlikely to present themselves in a bad light. As I said, name an example of a human right breach in China which isn't committed by America. ALL the so called breaches in China also happen in every other country.

You are more biased than you accuse the media of being if you believe all media is pandering to the government. Certain media groups yes, but it is ridiculous to think an organisation critical of the government is going to suddenly lie for them when it comes to china.

This shows how deluded you are. The media is basically government propaganda tool without the title.

If the Chinese are so happy and content with each other and the government why are people being persecuted by the state for standing against them?

The same reason why there a so many protests in so called free and liberal countries like UK, America etc. You cannot satisfy everyone at once. This has to be the most pathetic argument I've seen fora while.

Very nice of you to ignore half of what I said and picked out a few thing which you can argue weakly about. As I said, pathetic.

Original post by KongShou
I find the prejudiced view that you all have against the Chinese government, enforced upon to you lot by the media, highly amusing. Just highlight the ignorance and conservativeness of so called superior white people. A joke really.

That is rather ignorant of you.
Original post by Yi-Ge-Ningderen
That is rather ignorant of you.

all of you vs you all.

Learn the difference.
Reply 85
Original post by Original_Guy
You very clearly have very little knowledge about Islamic history

Just look up Al Andalus

You know 'The Dark Ages'? When Europe was in this horrible time?..we'll not all of Europe, not Spain, to be more specific..'Muslim' Spain.

Research into the dark ages and al Andalus and you'll find that muslim Spain was centuries ahead of it's time and people were travelling from across Europe to go and study there and they would take the Muslim ideas in Spain and implement them in their homeland and that's how 'Europe' actually got out of the dark ages.

Also you clearly have no clue at how many breakthroughs in mathematics, science, astronomy, etc. were made by Muslims in the muslim state.

Infact the independent has an article: 'how Islamic inventors changed the world'.

The reason this has diminished today because there isn't a muslim state, it was destabilised in 1921/1924.

Why don't you go and research what living in a muslim state was like, and how advanced they were.

Also I like how you ignore all my other points

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just because something was good 1000 years ago does not mean it is still good or relevant. Seems the be the main argument you guys bring up, akin to me arguing that Britain is still a superpower because it used to be one.
Original post by Savvy Sage
all of you vs you all.

Learn the difference.

It is the same thing!
Reply 87
Original post by Bill_Gates
"There are 1.6 billion muslims"

Yes most of them converted to Islam through absolute poverty. Most reside in Africa, India, Somalia etc

Its easy to convert to Islam when they offer you food second.

Islam is not a major threat to the developed world although its desperation will baffle progress.

What are you talking about?

Somali's have been 99 % Muslim for a few hundred years. When the message of Islam was spread there, people accepted it without hesitation.

At those times, Somali was a very developed nation. Please try refrain from spreading lies. Stupid and ignorant.

Lastly, the population of Somali is not even 25 million. If you were good at maths, you'd know that 25 million/1.6 billion is not a majority.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by FKLW
Like I said, prove before you make assumptions. You're embarrassing yourself mate. Try harder...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not making assumptions I took a guess that another poster confirmed was correct

Or have you since become an apostate?
Original post by sjaan

At those times, Somali was a very developed nation.

and look at the basket case it has become

do you perhaps think there is a correlation?
Original post by Haruhi
Ok no. **** off. just because they are "muslim" doesn't mean you have to blame the entire religion and its people. I don't acknowledge any terrorist as a real muslim. I feel very hurt by your comment.

Personal attack.

No true Scotsman fallacy

Argumentum ad populum

You need to do better (oh and get thicker skin)
Original post by sjaan
What are you talking about?

Somali's have been 99 % Muslim for a few hundred years. When the message of Islam was spread there, people accepted it without hesitation.

At those times, Somali was a very developed nation. Please try refrain from spreading lies. Stupid and ignorant.

Lastly, the population of Somali is not even 25 million. If you were good at maths, you'd know that 25 million/1.6 billion is not a majority.

LOL are you mad bro?!

Somalia is one of the poorest countries in the world. Thanks to continuous conflicts and poor ideals
Reply 92
Original post by Bill_Gates
LOL are you mad bro?!

Somalia is one of the poorest countries in the world. Thanks to continuous conflicts and poor ideals

When people lie about my country, it just shows how ignorant you are.

Furthermore, I said "at those times". The reason why Somalia is in the state how it is, is because the British decided to try strip the civilians and take over the country which caused war.
Original post by sjaan

Furthermore, I said "at those times". The reason why Somalia is in the state how it is, is because the British decided to try strip the civilians and take over the country which caused war.

Islams got nothing to do with its lack of progress i guess eh :rolleyes:

shows how ignorant you are
Original post by CTArsenal
Pretty sad that when threads like these are created, it's a necessity to mention 'Islamists' in the title, yet if it was any other religion there would rarely ever be any mention of it.

This thread has just spiralled off topic into a debate about Islam when that's not even what's supposed to be being discussed...

It's a pity that whenever Muslims do something like this, it's only a matter of time before people try to deflect towards dem Jooz.

You'd think that this time, at least, an attack in China with nothing to do with Israel would be too much even for them to do it. Wrong.

Every time.
Reply 95
Original post by Radicalathiest
I'm not making assumptions I took a guess that another poster confirmed was correct

Or have you since become an apostate?

What has this got to do with China?
Original post by FKLW
What has this got to do with China?

Simply replying to your posts

But you can stop flirting with me now as I'm haram for you:tongue:
Reply 97
Original post by Original_Guy
I say ignorance because of how much generalising is going on

Okay,
lets talk about the burka ban
lets talk about the one child policy
lets talk about guantanamo bay
lets talk about the black jails in china
lets talk about the gulf of Tonkin false flag
lets talk about Nazism
lets talk about the Iraq invasion
lets talk about Zionism
Lets talk about Palestine and Israel
Lets talk about the 'Israeli only roads'
Lets talk about North Korea
Lets talk about Edward Snowden
Lets talk about Bradley Manning
Lets talk about the NSA

Oh and while we're at it why don't we talk about why freedom of ownership is such a bad thing
let's talk about the hypocrisy of freedom of speech

people are making all sort do side argumebts, off track excuses etc and yes China is not a beacon of good generally either- they treat their own \buddhist worse, but end the end of it all, this thread is highlighting one undenieable thing- ie that islam existing in almost any country shared with non-islamic people causes conflict with those people. i doubt there is a country on the planet with a sizeable islamic population where there hasnt been terorrist activity/ conflict with locals. Islamist views and the violence that it leads to happens in the West AND in the East, started ina small desert tribe in saudi arabia centuries ago and now has spread into the minds of drones as far afield as china. muslims today seem to have the same primitive and war-like metality the islam espoused in those medieval times. so thats a fault in t he islamic system isnt it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 98
Original post by sjaan

maybe the british did, but the before them the arabs and islamists absorbed somalia intot their own empire anyway - seems you are being one-eyed as to hwo you like conquering your country and who you dont. somalia wasnt really a successful independant till back in aacnient times when the civilisation of Punt was based in part there - long before arabs and islam turned up
Reply 99
Original post by WC2011
maybe the british did, but the before them the arabs and islamists absorbed somalia intot their own empire anyway - seems you are being one-eyed as to hwo you like conquering your country and who you dont. somalia wasnt really a successful independant till back in aacnient times when the civilisation of Punt was based in part there - long before arabs and islam turned up

Somali's have been Muslims for roughly 1100 years.

Our great ancestors were from Yemen when they made hijra to Somalia. After that, mosques we're built and everybody was accepting of Islam.

Don't tell me about these lies of how Somalia was "conquered by arabs and islamists". We've been Muslims for a long time.

And I think I know my history more than you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending