The Student Room Group

Trouble with flatmate

Our flat is having a lot of trouble with our flatmate and I wondered what your advice would be?
Our flat is fairly close except for one girl. She is deliberately aguementative, she is rude, goes out to get drunk a lot (then has breakdown - we've ended up missing our lectures from being up late/incredibly early), lies (she lied about being raped and also about having multiple miscarriages) and makes a mess around the flat as though she is the only person who lives here. This is creating a horrible atmosphere and none of us want to be around her. To add to this some of the people in our flat are unwell and this is doing nothing to help the situation.
What would you advise?
Thankyou!:smile:
Reply 1
Hi,

I sympathise completely with your situation. Some friends of mine in halls last year had a similar problem with their flatmate, who was regularly returning to their flat in the early hours with a crowd, completely drunk and very noisily, (even worse during exam periods). After several ineffective discussions and 'flat meetings', they eventually reported her to the residence staff who ensured she moderated her behaviour thereafter.

May I suggest you talk to her, as a group, about her behaviour and mess? Concerning her emotional issues and dishonesty, perhaps speak to her and advise her to seek counselling from the university? I wouldn't be to quick seek official assistance in the situation, until you have spoken to her. If this fails and she continues, perhaps seek the advice of residence staff or advisors? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending