The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Simplythebest...
QMUL for Econ but I also got offer from UCL which I unfortunately missed out on lol.

Nice! How is QM? I am thinking of going there if i miss out on my top choice seeing as I live in East London. Is QM good for econ?
Which course did you apply for?
Reply 22
Original post by muzika
I got an offer from LSE with bad gcse's as I only got A*ABBBCCCC

What were your A-level subjects and predicted grades? Which course did you apply for?
Reply 23
Original post by sih97
What were your A-level subjects and predicted grades? Which course did you apply for?

I applied for Geography. Predicted grades A*AA. Geography, History and Travel&Tourism.
Reply 24
I got 2 A*s, 4 As, 3 Bs and a D and got offers from Leeds, Sheffield, QMUL, Cardiff and an interview at UCL (which was a bad interview and my subsequent rejection had nothing to do with grades). AAAB at AS (including two A* equivs) and A*A*A predictions. Don't let GCSEs stop you!
Reply 25
Original post by muzika
I applied for Geography. Predicted grades A*AA. Geography, History and Travel&Tourism.

Wow, that's really impressive! I haven't got very good GCSE grades either, so I started this thread as to give me some sort of hope before I do my A-levels :biggrin:
I'm guessing you had to work really hard for those predicted grades right? Did you an EPQ btw?
All about leeds met
Reply 27
Original post by sih97
Wow, that's really impressive! I haven't got very good GCSE grades either, so I started this thread as to give me some sort of hope before I do my A-levels :biggrin:
I'm guessing you had to work really hard for those predicted grades right? Did you an EPQ btw?

No I didn't do EPQ I did General studies which a complete waste of time and I got only D ups... :smile: Good luck with LSE! :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by muzika
No I didn't do EPQ I did General studies which a complete waste of time and I got only D ups... :smile: Good luck with LSE! :smile:

Well I'm sure you must've had a great PS then! And thanks. Hoping to get A*A*A*A but I only need A*AA for the course I want -Law.
Reply 29
I got 6 As 3 Bs and 1 C at GCSE

I have offers from Kings College London, Bristol and Nottingham (also an offer from St Andrews, though I don't think it's part of RG) :smile:
I've got unconditional offers from Warwick, Queen's Belfast, Exeter and Southampton for French & History with A*BBaa at A level, but only 5 as and 5 Bs at GCSE (one of the Bs was in French and it was taken in Year 9)
Original post by PQ
GCSE: got A* in double science, A in maths, 5 Bs and a C in english lit (or lang - I can't remember which now) and art
A levels: BCD (plus an A in general studies)

Was offered places over 2 application cycles (and would have met my offer at 7/7):
Bristol, Cardiff, Durham, Edinburgh, Royal Holloway, Sheffield and Southampton,

Just wondering- did you get an offer from Bristol with BCD?? Would you mind me asking which subject you applied for?
Original post by Alotties
I got offers from two Russell group unis. The offers were AAB and BBB but I ended up with BCCD so missed them both so didn't go to either. I got the offers though with ABBBBBBBBCCC at gcse :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know this was post was a long time ago, but what did you get for AS? when you applied
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
I know this was post was a long time ago, but what did you get for AS? when you applied

OP has not been online for more than six months. This thread is very old and has been made outdated by the change to the new A levels, so I'm closing it. Please start a new thread for any questions you may have.

Latest

Trending

Trending