The Student Room Group

revison help

I am currently revising for my GCSE's and am wondering how exactly to revise. In particular biology and chemistry in which I am targeted an A. I have wrote out notes for both subjects and am in the process of creating flashcards, and condensing notes onto one page. I am wondering are there any tips you could give me on how best to revise for these subjects. I have two months until my first exam. thanks.
Reply 1
For Biology, I think diagrams and labelling really help, because of the whole body anatomy and what you learn. I sometimes print out unlabelled sheets from online and try and fill it in by memory :smile: good job with the flashcards and condensing, that really helps! For Physics, I find dividing the subject into topics and doing like mindmaps for each helps. Like I just finished a radioactivity topic, from the title of radioactivity I might bring up half-life, and from that what the half life is and maybe some examples.

Hope this helps :smile: xx
Reply 2
you sound like you are on top of things really :smile:
I'd say when it gets a little closer to exams then start doing some past papers or questions that relate to the topics in the courses as they helped me alot when I was doing GCSE
And if there is anything you are particularly stuck on then go and see your teacher now rather than later as then you can keep going over it, rather than a week before the exam realising that theres a bit you really struggle with

good luck
Not sure about your exam board but I just read through the CGP revision guide and then answered the questions in the question book and that was it.

Quick Reply

Latest