The Student Room Group

Should I wear a Cheongsam /Qipao to prom

prom is this summer, i don't know whether i should wear this cheongsam i have: it's white with some white patterns, across the from runnindownwards is a phoenix made from blue sequences, it's about knee length, considering it's knee length and tight fitting, i dont know if it is ok for prom

oh, and do have a super similar golden one

anyone worn one to prom before? how was it like?

any opinions would be greatl appreciated-thanks
Reply 1
Ngl I think it would look good if you had a reason to wear it.
Reply 2
Original post by VK96
Ngl I think it would look good if you had a reason to wear it.

it's the easiest option, i don't need to buy another dress and i think i look ok in it because i'm quite slim ,and hopefully it will stand out from the crowd?
it really shows off my culture
Reply 3
Original post by zhzstudent
it's the easiest option, i don't need to buy another dress and i think i look ok in it because i'm quite slim ,and hopefully it will stand out from the crowd?
it really shows off my culture

I'm going to be direct here and say that if you are Chinese, you would probably pull it off since it's part of your culture like you said and it would suit you.
Reply 4
Original post by VK96
I'm going to be direct here and say that if you are Chinese, you would probably pull it off since it's part of your culture like you said and it would suit you.

sorry, but what does pull if off mean?
Reply 5
sorry, but what does pull if off mean?

Oh man I see that could be taken completely the wrong way, I meant it would look good :smile:
I think it would look very nice :smile:
Would look very pretty with your hair up :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by VK96
Oh man I see that could be taken completely the wrong way, I meant it would look good :smile:

oh, thats ok, i just generally didn't understand the expression thats all,thanks anyway!
Reply 9
oh, thats ok, i just generally didn't understand the expression thats all,thanks anyway!

Np
Reply 10
I think it would look gorgeous!!!
You could really do it up with some jewellery and a really nice hairdo and you'd look amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
prom is this summer, i don't know whether i should wear this cheongsam i have: it's white with some white patterns, across the from runnindownwards is a phoenix made from blue sequences, it's about knee length, considering it's knee length and tight fitting, i dont know if it is ok for prom

oh, and do have a super similar golden one

anyone worn one to prom before? how was it like?

any opinions would be greatl appreciated-thanks

Do you have a pic of the dress? I would love to see on :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by Cherx
Do you have a pic of the dress? I would love to see on :tongue:

Yep, this is basically what it look like, it's only a pic from the web i got
URL:

but i was also thinking of this alternative -the dress in the other photo-but i have a warm pink shaded one instead...
Reply 13
Original post by Tillsy
I think it would look gorgeous!!!
You could really do it up with some jewellery and a really nice hairdo and you'd look amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks!
I want to know what uk girls think about Chinese fashion .
Reply 15
Original post by michaeljohndok
I want to know what uk girls think about Chinese fashion .

why?
why?

because i am working on a project bring Chinese fashion to the word . So want to understand if uk girls want or like Chinese fashion . It is quite different . Like cheongsam , silk clothes .
Reply 17
because i am working on a project bring Chinese fashion to the word . So want to understand if uk girls want or like Chinese fashion . It is quite different . Like cheongsam , silk clothes .

are you chinese by any chance?
are you chinese by any chance?

i think my photos look like Chinese . And i am Chinese . 你好吗?
Reply 19
i think my photos look like Chinese . And i am Chinese . 你好吗?

哦,

Quick Reply