The Student Room Group

Do you or your parents cook everyday?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Rarely go from complete scratch, but frequently do almost everything and then add some kind of sauce or powder to make things easier/cheaper/better.

The only things I tend to do from scratch are casseroles, lasagne, bolognaise etc. I don't think it's 'cheating' to use herb/spice sachets, though, so I do that kind of thing a lot.
Everything mum cooks is from scratch set for breakfast

I personally prefer from scratch depends on my time
Reply 22
I'm so ashamed that cooking from scratch is the exception for me. Most of my meals are terribly unhealthy, processed, frozen stuff bunged in the oven...

why are carbs so good and yet so bad :bawling:
Last time I cooked a meal was about 6 weeks ago, last time I ate something that could probably be described as a meal, about 2 weeks ago, the everyday thing doesn't really apply here...

That said my mum does cook everyday, sometimes might use leftovers to make a pasta sauce or something but yeh, it's 'from scratch'.

Also, because this post reminded me of it, I'm going to give everyone some advice my father once shared with me. 'All these people looking for money and things have got the wrong idea, what you really want is scratch, you can make anything from scratch'
Reply 25
I cook everyday, yes. How else am I supposed to eat?
Reply 26
My day to day dinner's consist heavily of steamed veg, so I guess you could say I cook...
I cook nearly every day for myself, my mum and my boyfriend because I have no choice

EDIT: although I will admit I usually enjoy cooking
I cook during the week, then often get takeaway or go out to eat on the weekends.

Most of my food is about as "from scratch" as it can get without growing my own rice, making my own noodles/pasta or raising chickens.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest