The Student Room Group

The Uber "Feeling the A Level stress" 2014 Thread

Poll

How stressed do you feel?

Hi all fellow stressed out A Level (a.k.a social life killer, and satan's gift) participators.

Which A Levels are you taking? How are you feeling about them?

I think tonight I have hit the highs of stress and am going a little crazy :woo:

Anyone else feeling it?

Starting Uni in September? - Check out this thread :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, History and Psychology at AS. I'm worried about them all really, more so now that exams are getting closer.

I'm also feeling the stress and I haven't been doing as much as I should, which isn't good. Hopefully I can start some revision and do more from tomorrow and stop wasting my time.

At least I'm not alone with my a-level stress :biggrin:
Reply 2
Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology and I'm starting to feel uneasy in lessons a bit because it's hitting me now how close they are!!

I think because we had no exams in January this year I have kind of forgotten we actually have exams at A level :wink: at least I know I'm not alone!
Original post by smozsolution
I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, History and Psychology at AS. I'm worried about them all really, more so now that exams are getting closer.

I'm also feeling the stress and I haven't been doing as much as I should, which isn't good. Hopefully I can start some revision and do more from tomorrow and stop wasting my time.

At least I'm not alone with my a-level stress :biggrin:

Original post by DMBP
Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology and I'm starting to feel uneasy in lessons a bit because it's hitting me now how close they are!!

I think because we had no exams in January this year I have kind of forgotten we actually have exams at A level :wink: at least I know I'm not alone!

We all take Biology and Psychology :yep: Soooo much to remember :afraid:

What are you both aiming for grades wise?
I'm doing Economics, Chemistry, Maths and Physics all at AS. Physics was really stressing me out more than the others but now they're all kind of on the same level. I just wish I started earlier because I would probably be less stressed than I am now :smile: but ah well never to late to start I guess
Original post by bubble999

I agree, the content you have to remember is mad! Same for history too.

Hopefully, AABB at AS and potentially A*AA-AAA at A2. If I start working more effectively, that is :tongue:
Reply 6
I do biology, chemistry, maths and geography and it's scary thinking how close it actually is until the exams! I try not to think too deeply about it though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Wait till you guys get to A2, you will die! I'm literally slowly degrading away

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lala121
Wait till you guys get to A2, you will die! I'm literally slowly degrading away

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am at A2 - know ya feels :sadnod:
Reply 9

Hoping for AAAA cause I want to do Medicine eeek! My mocks went surprisingly well though so fingers crossed if I start revising now haha :smile:
What are you aiming for?
Original post by smozsolution
I agree, the content you have to remember is mad! Same for history too.

Hopefully, AABB at AS and potentially A*AA-AAA at A2. If I start working more effectively, that is :tongue:

It is!

Wow, that would be amazing :yep: Best of luckkk :biggrin:
It is!

Wow, that would be amazing :yep: Best of luckkk :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin: good luck to you too!
Original post by DMBP
Hoping for AAAA cause I want to do Medicine eeek! My mocks went surprisingly well though so fingers crossed if I start revising now haha :smile:
What are you aiming for?

Wow, best of luck!! :yes:

AAB hopefully - I got ABC at AS and realised I needed to put more work in, so I'm uping my game (hopefully) :tongue:
Reply 13
Wow, best of luck!! :yes:

AAB hopefully - I got ABC at AS and realised I needed to put more work in, so I'm uping my game (hopefully) :tongue:

Sounds great :smile: hope you do well and get what you want! Good luck in the exams (which are not that far away now!)
Original post by DMBP
Sounds great :smile: hope you do well and get what you want! Good luck in the exams (which are not that far away now!)

I know right! My first one is an AS biology retake on the 21st of May - not long now :tongue:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Oh, yeah, I'm getting scared now even though it's only March! Definitely feeling it more in A2 than I did I'm AS, as stressful as AS was. I feel overwhelmed with information at the moment! So tonight I had a night off and just chilled, I think we need it every now and then otherwise we go snooker loopy!
I'm at A2 doing Maths, Phys and English Lit :smile: I'm on 'meh, a little' right now but I should probably be higher. The most stressful thing right now if probably my English coursework but it means that I'm sort of forgetting/ignoring the three coursework-exam-things I've got in Physics coming up, my uni interview next week and the fact that I have crap memory but I need to memorize critical views, context and quotes from Oedipus Rex, King Lear and Wife of Bath in ye olde English for my exam which is probably going to be impossible. Thing is, I feel like I should be starting to stress and thinking about revision etc. but Amazon Prime just started that thing with Lovefilm so there's looooooaaaaaaaaaaads of 'free' films to watch before the price goes up...
Taking history, maths, english literature and economics at AS, I am repeating the year as I changed subjects and am retaking maths and english as although I could continue with those grades I wanted better tbh.

Had mocks last week and now all the teachers are stressing out because nobody did very well. 9 weeks thgraskfjvbnfkvbkdfjvbdkvfvfvdzvfnkjrn. ****.
Reply 18
taking maths, history, politics and eng lit at AS. just trying not to think about it really. have no idea how to revise. have no idea how to make myself revise. GCSEs just breed complacency with their easiness :s-smilie:
Reply 19
I'm so fed up I've burnt out and have lost the motivation to even revise for a history timed paper we have to do :frown:

Quick Reply