The Student Room Group

Dietetics and Chemistry

Ok so when I was choosing my A-levels, I decided to not take on chemistry as it wasn't a strong subject for me and I knew I wouldn't achieve the grades needed. That being said, I want to take a course for dietetics and I know I've largely limited my choices for unis to apply for, so is there any way I could make up for not doing chemistry? Also, is the course difficult without chemistry A-Level? Thanks guysss
Reply 1
I think there is a fair bit of biochemistry in the dietetics degrees which is why many of the unis are quite specific about needing chemistry A-level to give you a good enough foundation of knowledge before studying it at undergraduate level. Could you perhaps consider an access course which would give you the equivalent in one year instead of two? I know Plymouth accepts an Open University 60 point module called 'exploring science' as an alternative too. Perhaps it is worth contacting the admissions teams for the unis you are most interested in and discussing your options with them? Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending