The Student Room Group

History mock...

I achieved an E grade in my history mock (gcse) because I haven't touched the 1st textbook since a couple of months ago and the other book about 6 months ago. Obviously I am upset at these grades is there time to up that grade to an A*? My history exam is in just over 3 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you work hard most think are possibly. Of topic last year im my mock for math I get an f but come out with a c lower paper. Near enoguh full mark 7

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GoldGhost
I achieved an E grade in my history mock (gcse) because I haven't touched the 1st textbook since a couple of months ago and the other book about 6 months ago. Obviously I am upset at these grades is there time to up that grade to an A*? My history exam is in just over 3 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm In the same situation bro, got a B in Christmas mocks and want A*. I've never had above a C in class exams.how are you trying to rectify your failure?I'm gonna try and learn make a PowerPoint for each one and also make questions up on facts to learn(really effective).
Reply 3
Original post by lyricalvibe
I'm In the same situation bro, got a B in Christmas mocks and want A*. I've never had above a C in class exams.how are you trying to rectify your failure?I'm gonna try and learn make a PowerPoint for each one and also make questions up on facts to learn(really effective).

I got a D in one paper and an A* in the other so rounded to a 'B' I just assumed I got an E. As we speak I am making mind minds of the topics have been working for the past few hours on making mind maps with information from the textbook.
I got a D in one paper and an A* in the other so rounded to a 'B' I just assumed I got an E. As we speak I am making mind minds of the topics have been working for the past few hours on making mind maps with information from the textbook.

Do you try and learn all the facts or just the important stuff, I would normally memories the cgp books word for word page by page but that takes interest in the topic hence why I can only do it for the sciences:/ I'm gonna try and make mind maps/PowerPoints for 1/2 of American west today but the stuff just doesn't interest me what exam board are you on?:frown:
Reply 5
Do you try and learn all the facts or just the important stuff, I would normally memories the cgp books word for word page by page but that takes interest in the topic hence why I can only do it for the sciences:/ I'm gonna try and make mind maps/PowerPoints for 1/2 of American west today but the stuff just doesn't interest me what exam board are you on?:frown:

I'm doing Edexcel History A, what about you?
I'm doing Edexcel History A, what about you?

Man, I'm on AQA,what topic do you study?
Reply 7
Man, I'm on AQA,what topic do you study?

I am currently doing Nazi Germany and the Cold war, you?
I am currently doing Nazi Germany and the Cold war, you?

Sounds so muck more interesting than American west and medicine through time that I'm doing, how much do you do a day?
Reply 9
Sounds so muck more interesting than American west and medicine through time that I'm doing, how much do you do a day?

I've only just started history revision today! What about you?
I've only just started history revision today! What about you?

I started yesterday:/ I'm dreading the real one though, history has so much content you have to learn and the revision guide tricks me by cramming the facts onto a page making it look like less content but it's so much more, I'm thinking of dedicating morning revision to history+statistics just so it doesn't interfere with other subjects:s-smilie: how much/what work did you do today?
Reply 11
I started yesterday:/ I'm dreading the real one though, history has so much content you have to learn and the revision guide tricks me by cramming the facts onto a page making it look like less content but it's so much more, I'm thinking of dedicating morning revision to history+statistics just so it doesn't interfere with other subjects:s-smilie: how much/what work did you do today?

I done 2 history topics out of 7, some chemistry work and a little bit of RE, not too much, you?
I done 2 history topics out of 7, some chemistry work and a little bit of RE, not too much, you?

1 chemistry chapter out of 7 some stats questions and English language creative writing practice, what you planning for tomorrow- morning and eve?
Forget about the teacher. Buy a history book and start self teaching yourself all the topics. Then create notes & mindmaps, until you are firmly content with it. After that, get out the pastpapers and start honing your essay/exam preparation. You can get from "E to A*" in a month, if you set your mind on it. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending