The Student Room Group

is this a good bet? should i do? (international games)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Liverpool's Number 9
I fancy the Czechs and if you are insisting on betting that kind of money then I'd suggest at least to put it on ONE team. Friendlies are notorious for dodgy results as well.

My outlay as I say is going to be minimal and for good reason. I might throw a fiver on a both teams to score and win bet if I can find one I fancy but that will be a yankee not an accumulator.

Little and often is the key, put the odds in YOUR favour.

ooops
Have you ever come across a poor bookie? No
Original post by DAS4793
ooops

? What? I told him if he was going to spend stupid then he should at least pick one team and he'd already picked the Czechs I didn't recommend them to him just said I fancied them.

Stand by everything I said.
Original post by barnetlad
Have you ever come across a poor bookie? No

I hate this saying, have you ever come across any boss of a company that is poor? No.

Have you come across bookies that go out of business? Yes.

It's the same as any other line of work in that if you own the company and you're still in business then you won't be poor.

Have you ever come across a rich homeless man? ...
http://live.skysports.com/ScoreCentre/football.html

I'm worried for the Ivory Coast if they have Serge Aurier in goal ...
Original post by Mr Tall
I'm thinking of just putting 100 quid on czech rep to win. I'll get 175 return..

What do you think?

And if I add spain to that, I will get 268 return...

Ouch.
Reply 27
Original post by King Leonidas
Ouch.

I did spain and portugal to win

I bet 100 and got 137 back so 237 in total
Reply 28
Original post by Straight up G
Never ever bet on friendlies.

The very words I live by, you just never know who's going to turn up and how they're going to play. Lots of teams use them as a chance to experiment so they're not predictable.

That said, competitive games don't always go the way you'd expect, look at Wigan getting one over Man City again today........
Reply 29
Matched betting is where it's at.

Quick Reply

Latest