The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

the hollies vs glenside. opinion needed!!

hello,

These are my 2 halls options for when I will be joining UWE in September
I was hoping for some advice from people who are currently at or have been at these halls. I will be a 'mature student' only 25! But I would prefer a quieter campus. I wondered what all the pros and cons of each campus is??? I know the location is pretty much the same. But which had the best rooms etc. Any opinions would be helpful! I will be doing adult nursing, placements etc mean I would prefer quieter environment! !

Many thanks. :smile::smile::smile::smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Theres a video on youtube about accomodation....im joining in september....i believe they are similar....with glenside being a little less expensive
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Hi Jemz, I am also a mature student starting on the Adult Nursing course in September, a mature student too, I am not looking to live in halls, but would prefer a house share...like you looking for something more settled and a bit quieter...especially when on shift! Myself and another adult nursing student are looking for housemates to share with...maybe get 4 of us together to share around the fishponds area....we will all be strangers to start with but it wont stay that way I am sure....checkout the link from UWE on face book last night and see what you think but it will be cheaper than halls by a long shot so our bursary will go further!!!! ASK UWE-Admissions Q&A: Im sure you would have got an email about it.... There is along conversation all about accommodation between Gemma and Kerry. I am 31 and she is 28 (I'm don't act it though :-) )
(edited 10 years ago)
Just set up a Facebook group for Adult Nursing Students 2014 - its UWE Adult Nursing 2014
Reply 4
Hey,

Thanks for the feedback everyone, certainly lots of helpful info!!

I would definitely be up for looking at private accommodation as well, if I can sort out something before hand! Rather than go in totally blind with god knows who lol!

I think I am a member of the correct facebook page! But i don't see a Gemma or Kerry in the member list.

I will private message you to make sure I've joined the right one!

Jemma x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending