The Student Room Group

Only Applied to 1 uni, but twice, and they rejected me....worried about asking why.

Hey all,

So yesterday (on my damn birthday) I found out I had been rejected from the university I have applied to.
I made my first application before the January deadline, then decided to add another choice at the same university but after the deadline.

Both these courses required me to go via the science foundation route. (Im a mature student)

I was clearly rejected from the Science Foundation year, rather than the degree itself.

Im worried about asking why they rejected me......
Has anyone contacted a rejection uni before?? What do they tell you?
I'd kinda had my heart set on going to this place.....so it did come as a bit of a bummer
Original post by jenbee
Hey all,

So yesterday (on my damn birthday) I found out I had been rejected from the university I have applied to.
I made my first application before the January deadline, then decided to add another choice at the same university but after the deadline.

Both these courses required me to go via the science foundation route. (Im a mature student)

I was clearly rejected from the Science Foundation year, rather than the degree itself.

Im worried about asking why they rejected me......
Has anyone contacted a rejection uni before?? What do they tell you?
I'd kinda had my heart set on going to this place.....so it did come as a bit of a bummer

You need to just call them up and ask for feedback on why you were denied. For all you know there could have been a mistake on their side. You won't know until you ask!

PS. Happy belated birthday! :birthday:
You can ask, so that you know where things went pear shaped (and avoid it next time, i you decided to reapply), but don't expect that they will change their minds.
Reply 3
A lot of foundation courses have extra requirements for living in an area near the uni, or require you to be a first generation of the family to enter uni, or have some other conditions nothing to do with your grades or your Personal Statement. Check with the university - it may be that you just don't meet the conditions for the foundation course.
Lots of people contact a uni to ask why they were rejected. The worst they can say is something completely vague that doesn't give you something constructive to work on.

Quick Reply

Latest