De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

DMU Nursing Jan 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by BobbiAnne
Hi Guys,
January is getting closer, making me more nervous lol! Does anybody have any idea of a timetable yet. I can't decide whether to commute or get accommodation. :s-smilie:

Hi am starting in January as well. I fought I was the only one getting nervous! I phoned the uni asking for a start date and timetable and they said we would get it at the end of the year. :s so am assuming we get it and the end of this month or beginning of December.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Hey.

I am currently studying at DMU and living in a house share. For health reasons I ideally need to interrupt my studies, however due to my tenancy agreement it's becoming quite difficult. I was wondering if any Jan 2015 starters were looking for a room. The tenancy would be from Jan to July. The rent, if I am correct, is £73 per week and the bills are done by a company called split the bills at about £45 per month. There's no deposit, though in changing the contract details the estate agents may charge a £50 admin fee (they did that to me).

There are three other housemates, a first year and two second years. One isn't in very much, the other two are absolutely lovely (all girls).

I did nursing previously (changed course last year) and I know that the accommodation situation for Jan starters is a bit tricky. When I applied there were no places in Waterway gardens for Jan starters so we got placed in Kingfisher Court. The girls in my house are lovely and easy to get on with, the house is nice too and only 10-15mins from the uni. It might be ideal for a Jan starter then when you meet people in your nursing cohort you can move and share with them after July, or alternatively one of the girls in my house may be up for sharing next year.

Let me know if you are interested :smile:
Original post by ChanApp
Hi am starting in January as well. I fought I was the only one getting nervous! I phoned the uni asking for a start date and timetable and they said we would get it at the end of the year. :s so am assuming we get it and the end of this month or beginning of December.

Hey! Oh I hope so, I've booked Mansion court but they don't have any parking so that's another spanner in the works lol! Nothing goes smoothly!
Original post by nataliee1992
Hey.

I am currently studying at DMU and living in a house share. For health reasons I ideally need to interrupt my studies, however due to my tenancy agreement it's becoming quite difficult. I was wondering if any Jan 2015 starters were looking for a room. The tenancy would be from Jan to July. The rent, if I am correct, is £73 per week and the bills are done by a company called split the bills at about £45 per month. There's no deposit, though in changing the contract details the estate agents may charge a £50 admin fee (they did that to me).

There are three other housemates, a first year and two second years. One isn't in very much, the other two are absolutely lovely (all girls).

I did nursing previously (changed course last year) and I know that the accommodation situation for Jan starters is a bit tricky. When I applied there were no places in Waterway gardens for Jan starters so we got placed in Kingfisher Court. The girls in my house are lovely and easy to get on with, the house is nice too and only 10-15mins from the uni. It might be ideal for a Jan starter then when you meet people in your nursing cohort you can move and share with them after July, or alternatively one of the girls in my house may be up for sharing next year.

Let me know if you are interested :smile:

Heya, does it have parking? :smile:
Original post by BobbiAnne
Heya, does it have parking? :smile:

Hey :smile: none of us have a car but there is a parking scheme that is £25 for the year (I believe you can do part-year ones too). The street name is 'Walton Street' and the info about the scheme is here: file:///C:/Users/njw92/Downloads/Zone%20F%20(experimental)%20explanatory%20notes%20for%20RESIDENTS%20about%20domestic%20permits.pdf.

:smile:
Hey Guys :smile:

I've got a nice big double bedroom for rent for £237/month exc bills. Available from the end of December. The house is about 3 mins walk from campus, you can see the library from the patio :smile: GP is around the corner. Tesco express is 5 mins walk, gym is 8mins. Very convenient to live here. There are 2 lovely housemates who's doing their masters. you'd share the living room, kitchen and bathroom with them. Please contact me if you're interested.

xxx
Reply 67
There's a room available in my shared house - its a great modern house - 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. There is a large double available. Its about 10 mins from DMU. Please message me if you are interested.

www.openrent.co.uk/49820 for pictures and details.
(edited 9 years ago)
hey everybody my interview is on jan 13th 2015 for dmu! I was just wondering what types of questions will they ask me! I am so so nervous!
Reply 69
i have a room to rent, flat has 5 girls altogether all lovely and friendly first years. I am transferring uni to london. It is at liberty park student halls, there is a road with free parking right next to it, its where i park. let me know if interested £83/p week. tenancy till July. Ensuite with desk and wardrobe.
Reply 70
My interview is tomorrow! what sort of questions do they ask you and how many?? xx
How soon after your interview did you receive a reply?
About 4 hours :smile:
Hey everyone, I have an interview for DMU on the 15 of August. Does anyone know if you have to go through the maths and English tests on the day? My friend went to one this year and he told me he didn't do any tests.
Original post by dopenojoke
Hey everyone, I have an interview for DMU on the 15 of August. Does anyone know if you have to go through the maths and English tests on the day? My friend went to one this year and he told me he didn't do any tests.

I didn't have any tests
Reply 75
Hello Guys,

I will have an interview for the same course as you guys next week, can anyone who have attended the interview tell me what will happen on that day? Will I get any test and what is about?

Thanks
Hie i have been invited for interview any tips please.
Reply 77
Original post by Mchk446576
Hie i have been invited for interview any tips please.

It's very relaxed I think just make sure you do a lot of research on the course and you will be asked questions related to your personal statement and also yo might have some scenarios to go over
What does the numeracy test consist of? I have one on Saturday 6th!
Original post by KaiDennis
What does the numeracy test consist of? I have one on Saturday 6th!

DMU did not numeracy tests when I had my interview. Only a scenario and 1:1. Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending