The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by e aí rapaz
So why do we actually have the feature of being able to search a user's post history?

I always thought that was a bit weird, and now this follow thing just makes it much easier for people to track/stalk a user, and the user has no say over that. It's pretty creepy tbh.

Original post by Matthew150
I have to say I agree, there are plenty of TSR who watch others posts for unsavoury reasons, and this just eases that for them, whilst offering little improved functionality for other users.

Hey,

Sorry to only reply to these now. It's fairly standard forum functionality to have ways to see people's posts. The Forum remains anonymous and therefore offers far more privacy than any other social site. We've acknowledged these concerns though in the main thread and are going to discuss possible solutions later.

Jack
Original post by Captain Jack
Hey,

Sorry to only reply to these now. It's fairly standard forum functionality to have ways to see people's posts. The Forum remains anonymous and therefore offers far more privacy than any other social site. We've acknowledged these concerns though in the main thread and are going to discuss possible solutions later.

Jack

Sorry Jack, I probably didn't make myself clear enough.

My problem isn't that people can see posts in general. It's more the point that this is highlighted.
Most won't make the effort to look through their friends posts, but with this new function, it would almost be possible not to.
Reply 22
Hey guys,

To help confusion this thread is now closed, please see the new thread where you can pop in and share your feedback:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2630251

Thank you!

JLP

Latest

Trending

Trending