The Student Room Group

MoroccanOil - Oil Treatment For All Hair Types any good?

I have long hair its thick at the top but gets thin towards the bottom half as I have been though stress over a year to two.

I've heard a lot about Moroccan oil goof for dull, dry fizzy hair which I do have only at the bottom half as the top half is fine so is it worth a try for me to purchase this oil or not honest opinions plz

(I've tried argan oil but no luck still dull after I take it out in a plait the next day)

Thanks!
Reply 1
Hey,
I used argan oil since I was a baby (my mum though) coming from an northern african background i can tell you this, use a little of the oil, massage ur hair ans especially the botton half then make bun and leave it for a day or a night wrap ur hair in a towel. Do thé argan hair mask when ur hair are dirty once a week and rinse
Reply 2
I'm wondering how you're applying the argan oil OP. The method is important.
Also - morrocan oil is based on argan oil and has a whole bunch of synthetic additives. It doesnt make sense (in my opinion anyway) to try another argan based product if argan doesn't work for you.

Try these:

Coconut oil
Olive oil
Avocado oil

These all penetrate the hair shaft and you can try doing a hot oil hair treatment with either of those. Use a shower cap to retain the heat that your head creates.

http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2014/01/coconut-oil-hair-treatment-treat-your-tresses.html
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
I dont know but i used pure argan oil get it when i am going on holidays. Eveiebaby is right though only use pure argan oil, did not know what morrocan oil. If you dont have a moroccan shop you can use almond oil, indian/south Asians shops have pretty good oil but only use pure oil
Reply 4
Hey OP would you be able to cut your bottom half hair? Even if you can't, you can try mixing castor and almond oil together and do a hot oil treatment once a week. You can buy these oils in any Asian shops, but make sure you buy "cold-pressed" - that means it is 100% natural.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
OP, it's amazing!! I've used it for the past few years and it really helps with frizz! It works best when your hair is slightly damp and you're about to blowdry your hair. It also lessens the blowdrying time!
thanks guys for ur opinions do Boots sell it pure?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending