The Student Room Group
Hafzal
Hello,

I'm thinking of going to an Ivy League Uni. But where/when do i apply? I'm starting my A-levels soon and i wanna do Law. So What's the deal???

Hasan x

Which universities in particular do you want to apply to. There are 8 ivy league universities.
Reply 2

Which universities in particular do you want to apply to. There are 8 ivy league universities.

Harvard :smile:
Hafzal
Harvard :smile:

First: www.harvard.edu
Second: You need to do some research on the US university system. Law is not offered as an undergraduate degree. If you already have a BA or BSc, you can apply to law school for a JD (juris doctor).
Reply 4
Most people that want to study law either go for political science, history or english as their undergraduate degrees. :smile:
Reply 5
You should begin applying to colleges around September 1 the year before you want to attend. You'll need to take the SAT but you don't have to do that before you apply. Harvard will have essays to write so you should consider that when planning time to apply. If you can find an alumnus it would be gravy to get them to write you a recommendation.

Law degrees come from graduate schools, so you'll need a baccalaureate degree before you can apply to law school. Depending on what branch of law you want to go into, you may consider an undergraduate degree in business, criminal justice, polisci, ect. You should remember that it is always possible that you won't get into law school and your bachelor's degree should be something that you can live with doing.

Latest

Trending

Trending