The Student Room Group

Has anybody else been following the Oscar Pistorius trial?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Splenge007
i reckon he's guilty without a doubt.

Biggest thing i wanna know is... Why? What was happening so bad that he shot her? Maybe he has problems.

Apparently he has a short temper.
Reply 21
Original post by furryface12
It seems that way to me too. The neighbours heard screaming and shouting beforehand, he rang his lawyer before the ambulance, he'd fired guns in public places before and covered it up... I'm no expert and I appreciate the media's probably biased about the issue, but what more do they need?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What annoys me is that he isn't already in prison, he should be found guilty of premeditated murder because he intended to kill whoever he thought was in the toilet.
I feel sorry for the woman's mother really.
i reckon he's guilty without a doubt.

Biggest thing i wanna know is... Why? What was happening so bad that he shot her? Maybe he has problems.

Well it's been said that she may have had a "thing" with someone else. So clearly, he needs help. Suppose it could be a rumour though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i wonder what his childhood was like.
Reply 24
i wonder what his childhood was like.

I think he was spoilt as a child and always got his way because of his condition, it just seems very strange how supportive of him his family seems to be despite the fact 'precious Oscar' has murdered someone.
Original post by Changing Skies
Exactly :lol: I'll eat my own arm if it turns out he's not guilty :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said the same during the Jacko trial.
Bad times.
Reply 26
Original post by AntiMonarchist
I said the same during the Jacko trial.
Bad times.

Lool, I'm pretty sure MJ wasn't guilty. I mean, OP told his mate to take the blame for shooting a gun under a table when it was him. He cannot be trusted
Original post by saarah_
I think he was spoilt as a child and always got his way because of his condition, it just seems very strange how supportive of him his family seems to be despite the fact 'precious Oscar' has murdered someone.

i read the girl's mum said she's "read to forgive him" but he needs to see the "pain he's caused" her first.

I dont know if it's just me, but i to say you're ready to forgive him... Though it has been a year. Still it's her daughter she lost
Definitely guilty. I was very unsure at first but then I watched his neighbours testify that they heard Reeva's screams BEFORE the shots. They said that her screams got disturbingly loud after the first shot and suddenly stopped. 100% guilty.
Reply 29
Original post by thenewone61
Definitely guilty. I was very unsure at first but then I watched his neighbours testify that they heard Reeva's screams BEFORE the shots. They said that her screams got disturbingly loud after the first shot and suddenly stopped. 100% guilty.

I have a bad feeling he'll just get away with it. I hope the judge doesn't feel sorry for him.
Original post by nocoolusername
He shot the ground when he was in a resturant last year. He is guilty without a doubt.

Oddly that particular piece of information could be in his favour. Someone crazy enough to do that might also be someone crazy enough to shoot an 'intruder' without making sure it's not their partner first. I can't see a normal person shooting without checking, anyway.

There's no doubt that he pulled the trigger - it's what was going through his head that matters (in some people's opinion - in others murder is murder, whether it's an intruder or not). I'm not sure we can ever know what went through his head.
Reply 31
Innocent until proven guilty.
I liked it today when Barry Roux asked the restaurant owner's wife if she knew Pistorius had fired a gun and she said that she didn't know it was a gunshot she heard and she was much closer to that incident than the witnesses on the first two days to the death. Clearly Roux was trying, and succeeding in large part, to further undermine the witnesses on the first couple of days who claimed to have heard gunshots on the night of the death.

Edit: Based on everything we know so far, I'd say not guilty but a lot of this will rest on the ballistics, particularly the angle the bullets went through the door.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
Definitely guilty - the details in his story don't add up correctly.
He hasn't got a leg to stand on.
Reply 35
Original post by saarah_
Would you shoot at a locked toilet door without at least shouting 'Who's there, I've got a gun' first?

In fairness it's South Africa, you shoot first there, it's dangerous as all hell and if it's a home invasion then the majority of the time they'll have no qualm hurting you. That said I think he is guilty.
Reply 36
Original post by saarah_

He lost in the paralympic race beforehand to that Brazillian runner, maybe that had something to do with it, he was the man before that, he was 'blade runner'!
Original post by Changing Skies
Exactly :lol: I'll eat my own arm if it turns out he's not guilty :wink:

Noted ready for future developments. If this is to happen it needs to be recorded and put on YouTube.

:h:
This doctor is the first good witness so far for the prosecution. First time all week that Roux has been struggling a little.
Guilty

He obviously knowingly shot his wife (his story is such bull) but I think he'll probably appeal for manslaughter and claim it was roidrage which made him totally lose his temper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending