The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

OT 2014

Hey anybody planning to study OT, I have accepted my place, just have a medical to pass. Anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I have also accepted york st. john as my firm choice for studying occupational therapy. I need to complete my DSB and medical form. :smile:
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
I've put York St John as my insurance for OT :smile:
Reply 3
Sorry for the late reply, have anyone thought of accommodation? I'm unsure to stay in the halls or managed housing. I'm from Ireland and 26 lol one of the oldies in the class.
Reply 4
Hi,

Just asking if anyone has applied for the NHS nursery, if so how did you go about this.

Thank you.
Reply 5
Hi.

I am a current 2nd year OT student at YSJ. If anyone had any questions about the course/uni/york or anything else really feel free to ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by lorri94
Hi.

I am a current 2nd year OT student at YSJ. If anyone had any questions about the course/uni/york or anything else really feel free to ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I am currently trying to work out student finance, I believe I need to apply for an NHS nursery, just wondering if you know how to go about this, thank you :smile:
Reply 7
Hi.

They will send you an invite to apply and you make an account and it is basically the same as student finance.

They have a website www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/students which has information on
Also they have a Facebook page calle 'nhs student bursaries' I think and you can ask them questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Ive put York St johns as my firm for Occupational Therapy too :smile:. Sorted out student finance and selected by 7 accommodation options, just waiting to finish my NHS bursary and grant application :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by lorri94
Hi.

They will send you an invite to apply and you make an account and it is basically the same as student finance.

They have a website www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/students which has information on
Also they have a Facebook page calle 'nhs student bursaries' I think and you can ask them questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, :smile: Also, how have you found the course and placements, is it quite challenging and demanding? Thank you
Reply 10
Original post by H@rri
Thank you, :smile: Also, how have you found the course and placements, is it quite challenging and demanding? Thank you

No worries. Hope you get it all sorted.
Placements are the best bit they are just tiring especially if you have to commute. But you learn a lot.

The course is not overly demanding. You are expected to do work at home. You will find that you havr less assed work than your friends on other courses but spend alot more time in uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by lorri94
No worries. Hope you get it all sorted.
Placements are the best bit they are just tiring especially if you have to commute. But you learn a lot.

The course is not overly demanding. You are expected to do work at home. You will find that you havr less assed work than your friends on other courses but spend alot more time in uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I am looking forward to uni but quite nervous and unsure at the same time. Nice to know that the course is not over-demanding i will be commenting from Leeds to york each day, that may take some time to get used to! Once again thanks :smile:
Original post by lorri94
Hi.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, Im trying to work out how much I can work to earn money alongside the course. How much are you in uni for lectures etc.?
Reply 13
Original post by Rosie-Thompson
Hi, Im trying to work out how much I can work to earn money alongside the course. How much are you in uni for lectures etc.?

Hi,

It really depends as the timetable changes every week. And obviously there are placements

What I and a lot of people do get a job with a zero hour contract as care or support staff. This is good as not only is it flexible it is good experience to have for when you graduate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for your reply.
Reply 15
Hi, Just wondered if anyone on here is going to York St John, doing occupational therapy and getting the train into uni? I will be coming from cross gates? Thanks Harriet :biggrin:
Reply 16
Hello! I am 25 and I am supposed to be starting in Sep 2014 too. Just wondering what you are doing for housing? Did you manage to find anywhere good for older students?
Reply 17
Original post by Bekaking
Hello! I am 25 and I am supposed to be starting in Sep 2014 too. Just wondering what you are doing for housing? Did you manage to find anywhere good for older students?

Hey, I got place in a uni managed house, have you not heard from the accommodation office yet?
Reply 18
Original post by seamy87
Hey, I got place in a uni managed house, have you not heard from the accommodation office yet?

No, I wasn't too sure what I wanted to do so I didn't apply for any. Just had a look and it says none of the houses are currently available, having a little panic now! Can't wait to start though!
Reply 19
Original post by Bekaking
No, I wasn't too sure what I wanted to do so I didn't apply for any. Just had a look and it says none of the houses are currently available, having a little panic now! Can't wait to start though!

Don't panic yet, I would give them a call tomorrow and see what they have. I applied about a month ago and asked to live with mature students and people who are studying OT. I thought I'd try it and see what they said, but I got mature students, which I'm glad I'm 27. If you go onto Google and search for house shares I'm sure u will get something reasonable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending