The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Photography 2014 UWE

Had my interview on the 26th and had an unconditional through a couple of days ago. Anyone else firmed this for 2014? Or waiting to be interviewed etc?
Reply 1
Hello,
I got an unconditional too! Will be starting in September, I'm so nervous!
(edited 9 years ago)
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by HeyyLivi
Hello,
I got an unconditional too! Will be starting in September, I'm so nervous!

aw when was your interview? :smile: Where you coming from also? I'm not nervous as I've already done a year at university (finish my first year in 2 days.. so glad to be moving from current to first year at uwe though)

What accommodation did you apply for?
Reply 3
Original post by Zyekanz
aw when was your interview? :smile: Where you coming from also? I'm not nervous as I've already done a year at university (finish my first year in 2 days.. so glad to be moving from current to first year at uwe though)

What accommodation did you apply for?

Um the 5th of march was so nervous thought I had done awful then got the email!! Awh that's rcool what did you do the first year then? Yeah I stayed at sixth form an extra year to finish my art a level aha so glad I didn't wouldn't have been ready!
OK umm market gate I think? They're all crazy expensive so the cheapest was enough for me ahaha what about you what accommodation you applied for?
Reply 4
Original post by HeyyLivi
Um the 5th of march was so nervous thought I had done awful then got the email!! Awh that's rcool what did you do the first year then? Yeah I stayed at sixth form an extra year to finish my art a level aha so glad I didn't wouldn't have been ready!
OK umm market gate I think? They're all crazy expensive so the cheapest was enough for me ahaha what about you what accommodation you applied for?

aw yeah the interview was killer D: took me like 5 days to find out which literally nearly made me jump out my window :frown:

I did Photographic Journalism :smile: but so glad I'm moving to the course I wish I applied for last year.. Oh well will have to put up with being 20 nearly 21 and being a fresher.. AGAIN.. I went for market gate too :smile: From what a girl on the first year of photography said, seems like a lot of people from our course are in Marketgate :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Zyekanz
aw yeah the interview was killer D: took me like 5 days to find out which literally nearly made me jump out my window :frown:

I did Photographic Journalism :smile: but so glad I'm moving to the course I wish I applied for last year.. Oh well will have to put up with being 20 nearly 21 and being a fresher.. AGAIN.. I went for market gate too :smile: From what a girl on the first year of photography said, seems like a lot of people from our course are in Marketgate :smile:

Ahhh nice yeah so stressful waiting!! Ooo yeah won't be so bad I'll be 19 at the start. I'm so excited but so nervous I'm so bad with getting to know new people I'm a bit shy but I'm sure I will be fine after the first month or so :tongue:
Hey! anyone received the summer project brief yet?

not long now!
Reply 7
Original post by lucybliszko
Hey! anyone received the summer project brief yet?

not long now!

yes and I stared at it with a "what the **** is this" face hahah pure confused, or could have been cause I read it aftera 14 hour shift.. I have no time to do it :frown: been doing 50/60 hours a week at work :L
I'll be 20 too :smile: I'm super excited, a little nervous too but we're all in the same boat aren't we. Bower ashton is so pretty, tucked away in all the trees lots of nice creative vibes. Where are you guys coming from?
Original post by Zyekanz
yes and I stared at it with a "what the **** is this" face hahah pure confused, or could have been cause I read it aftera 14 hour shift.. I have no time to do it :frown: been doing 50/60 hours a week at work :L

I know, full time work and a brief is a bit annoying! I think just need to take lots of photos with good framing, detail and maybe learn how to pronounce Szarkowski hahah.
Reply 10
Original post by lucybliszko
I know, full time work and a brief is a bit annoying! I think just need to take lots of photos with good framing, detail and maybe learn how to pronounce Szarkowski hahah.

dont even get what they mean by good framing-.- hahah
I'll send you some examples now :smile: If you look at these, the main thing they have in common is that the subject is framed by the surroundings. For instance, an opening in the tree's, or a doorway, or in between buildings.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gags9999/12064659055

https://www.flickr.com/photos/irene2005/4720008085/in/photolist-8c6gXK-9u1cpT-Skb8t-dLCSb9-arVB1F-CW7Qa-9dvLH7-9WK9j9-8aU1Uj-En7ds-aJ8rv8-7ZVYSe-jo7wP2-9Ty4we-eG2hWC-freuT-npg6kg-8XY7gK-3eUibo-7c918C-5h5uMf-8Wc3dU-bUbupW-b3YYwx-jypRBY-5epzCp-iFupJw-niDyJW-63Lx4A-6rBneu-geaip8-e2yTSV-8SZKBA-678RR2-7B3xYL-e4yNgf-iBhtef-5hEa7U-8i6daN-9tK633-5MxhWk-nrrgc6-5mjx5X-bR87Gz-6A99b6-egMJs4-33PkGe-Emguu-5vp8sj-6rS1dQ

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ishowerinmypants/12054659266/in/photolist-jnehdS-7jJ68c-66GRgU-aWB9vr-52x86f-6APdwN-j5kVVU-ekgDcN-mcenr9-7E7a7Q-4RqmgB-4mn6ZV-dUCLsV-5udd8T-fYsKPC-ja1dj5-hbsb28-6jVs1M-4HEBze-4yhZbk-4R4GFH-ntwMAE-5FRZze-5hwgHH-7SmDmo-Led66-iAC6Sc-yeq5h-5Rht6-7XA9zN-hiK2CY-jmG65w-eBmFRV-8ecBY5-6nUAYq-8Up2a8-8girK9-fQfFtB-7F7Vsv-7MbTAZ-jU7zAx-n9Wdao-HmzWG-6D9sRY-bnHCN2-7o5kBY-k48pX8-dRyJdH-rsxQM-dVW69y

https://www.flickr.com/photos/karynstepienphotography/11097147926/in/photolist-97L8Cn-cduwgC-9Ty4we-4eiKv8-hUBMsE-8c6gXK-9u1cpT-Skb8t-dLCSb9-eG2hWC-arVB1F-CW7Qa-9dvLH7-9WK9j9-freuT-8aU1Uj-En7ds-aJ8rv8-7ZVYSe-jo7wP2-npg6kg-8XY7gK-3eUibo-7c918C-5h5uMf-iBhtef-8Wc3dU-5hEa7U-bUbupW-b3YYwx-jypRBY-8i6daN-5epzCp-9tK633-iFupJw-5MxhWk-niDyJW-63Lx4A-6rBneu-geaip8-e2yTSV-nrrgc6-8SZKBA-678RR2-5mjx5X-7B3xYL-e4yNgf-bR87Gz-6A99b6-egMJs4

Hope this helps x
Reply 12
:frown: im so glad I'm not the only one!! Just read it and was speachless aha..
it says to do it some where you will be for most of the summer... looks likes mines gunna be based on sainsburys! aha!
hopefully I will find time to do it, this has made me even more nervous like if we have to talk it through... I'm really not that confident and get anxiety when im around people I don't know aha
do you guys have ideas for it yet?
Reply 13
I read the project as a formal description of yourself through 5-7 images, pretty much describing/outlining your summer. I had an idea to use objects like keys etc in some way but I'm not really sure how to incorporate framing and time haha, I'll hopefully think of something by the 15th!. I'm a Bristol native btw and I'll be 18 when I start!
Reply 14
Okay so what do we do for the 'things not seen' I have loads if ideas of including things for my summer but not fitting in with the theme of things not seen I'm not to sure! This is stressing me out aha
Reply 15
I think I'll end up using photos I've taken over the summer, some stuff from London and Bristol. I guess I can explain it as a formal description of what I was up to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending