The Student Room Group

Accepting my Unconditional offer: AS12 etc.

I got lucky and got unconditionally accepted to the Bsc Biochem (C700) programme as my Firm Choice at UEA. UEA Office said that they updated UCAS, and it should say "UF" this evening.

How do I accept my unconditional firm offer?

The UEA Office mentioned that I should go to UCAS online and accept my offer before 4th August. Then they contacted me again and apologized for saying so, and said that, instead, I will receive a AS-12 letter by post.

So, in order to accept my unconditional firm offer at UEA, do I need to do anything else apart from sending off a AS-12 letter to UEA? Or do I need to do something online as well? Thanks =)
Reply 1
You do need to confirm it with UCAS, either online or by phoning them. Then they'll send the AS12
Reply 2
Paragon
I got lucky and got unconditionally accepted to the Bsc Biochem (C700) programme as my Firm Choice at UEA. UEA Office said that they updated UCAS, and it should say "UF" this evening.

Well, I still cannot see the change from conditional to uncondtional on the UCAS Track site, although it was updated by UEA yesterday (around 6pm). Does anyone know how often the UCAS Track is updated (how long time I have to wait in my case)? Also, I would like to ask if there's any point in calling UCAS and trying to accept my unconditional offer, although the offer has not been displayed on UCAS Track, yet. Thanks.
Reply 3
So, you got a conditional offer, but they're changing it to an unconditional offer? :s:
Reply 4
u will get as12 letter automatically from ucas if you have unconditional
it will say whether its your firm or insurance choice that you are going to.
usually firm if u have UF and insurance if u failed ur F but have UI
Reply 5
PQ
if uea are on the slowest update system then track should update overnight tonight.

If uea have just confirmed your choice (you were CF but you've met the conditions) then it's just a case of sending the AS12 reply slip on to UEA to accept the place. Once UCAS send out that letter they're effectively out of the picture:smile:

This is a bit confusing. You see, I have applied to the C702 programme, but since I didn't meet the requirements, UEA gave me an unconditional offer at the C700 programme instead (to which I never even applied). UEA said that they will still see whether there are any vacancies on the C702 programme after the A-level results get published.

As UEA Office wrote it, I have to accept my unconditional offer on UCAS Track for the C700 programme (?). Then I will get the AS-12 letter and send it to UEA. After that, if there are any vacancies on the C702 programme, UEA will change my offer at UCAS Track and I will get the place at C702 programme instead. I have no idea how UEA/someone can do all of that, but do you think it sounds possible? (Otherwise I have missunderstood something:redface: )

PS: I wanted to be unconditionally admitted now as I have to appliy to financial aid asap.
Reply 6
Thanks, PQ! You know more about the application process than the UEA Admissions Assistant, according to her I would need to go to UCAS Track online and probably tick off a box in order to change my offer.

I'm still suspicios how she can change my unmet conditional offer for the C702 programme to unconditional offer for the C700, and then in August (if there are any vacancies to the C702 programme) change my offer back to the C702 programme.

Oh, well, I just wait for the AS12C letter then. She will send me a certified letter of my unconditional offer, so I will get what I need to apply for financial aid in any case. Thanks alot!
Reply 7
Hmn, she (UEA Admissions Assistant) wrote that if UEA will change my course in August, UCAS would notify me of that. Hehe, I just hope that things will work out fine in the end =)

In my opinion, sending the AS12C letter to me all the way from England to Norway is a waste of time. I already spoke to UEA and told them I do accept their change of offer.
Reply 8
PQ certainly knows her stuff darn well. Very impressive, and definitely beneficial to have someone 'in the business' around here. :cool:
Reply 9
I've just looked at UCAS Track, and it says that my firm offer has been changed to the C700 programme.

PQ
If you can't return the AS12C form within 7 days (due to international posting times) then you can confirm by phone or fax on the standard UCAS numbers.

Well, PQ (or anyone else), if you see why I should wait to receive the AS12C letter and then call UCAS to confirm the change of offer, instead of calling UCAS as soon as possible and confirm the change -- please tell me so:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending