The Student Room Group

Girl who downed ten Jagerbombs in two-for-one offer died and brought back to life

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by aeon439

There should be a special A&E funded by all the drinkers - no money in the pot = oh dear no service

There is, its called alcohol tax, and it pays for the entire NHS.
Reply 21
Its her own fault, she new what was in the shots and she decided to have ten of them and apparently they contain half a can??

I drink Monster Energy every now and again, a year ago i had one a day for nearly a month and i was perfectly fine. The thing is, Energy drinks state how much caffiene is in them, also says you shouldnt drink them if youre sensitive to caffiene, my local shops refuse to sell them to you if youre under 16 y/o
I also read that you shouldnt have more than two cans of energy drink in one 24 hour period.

'Drink responsibly' they blame it on the caffiene when she shouldnt have even had 10 shots in the first place!
Reply 22
10 Jagerbombs isn't really even that much, I certainly doubt that would be enough to kill somebody. I imagine there was probably another factor at play.
I drank 15 units last Saturday and I'm still alive. Sunday didn't feel great but still.
Reply 24
Original post by Shazzarr
Drink responsibly' they blame it on the caffiene when she shouldnt have even had 10 shots in the first place!

So if it wasn't the caffeine that caused it what are you blaming?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bassetts
I got to admit, I don't read Daily Mail articles. I only read the titles, look at the pictures and the comments.

Best way really most of their articles about 'oh look how fat so and so has got' or 'is so and so dating so and so?'. Good way to procrastinate though :/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2574594/Teenager-18-downed-ten-Jagerbombs-nightclub-two-one-offer-three-heart-attacks-DIED-brought-life-defibrillator.html Should we feel sorry for her? She drunk the alcohol knowing full well what it can do to her, yet she still does it. Is this another sign that Britain is a nation of binge drinkers who are drinking themselves to death?

I don't, especially since she's decided to blame everything except herself.

I've drunk a lot of alcohol before, and energy drinks and Jagerbombs, but funnily enough I'm still alive because I wasn't stupid enough to go overboard with it.

Should just let the people who put themselves in danger (i.e. neknominate, planking, etc..) kill themselves and make the human race smarter.
Original post by Wade-
To be honest this story has very little to do with alcohol so the whole 'young people binge drink too much' point means nothing here. This is more than likely one of those very occurrences and she was just unfortunate, I've done 14 jagerbombs and been fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes she was unfortunate, but to blame the whole thing on energy drinks? Let's campaign against electricity next because some idiot stuck a knife in a plug socket...
Reply 28
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
Yes she was unfortunate, but to blame the whole thing on energy drinks? Let's campaign against electricity next because some idiot stuck a knife in a plug socket...

It was her drinking energy drinks that caused it, I doubt that it would have been reported that way had it not been what the hospital had said after all it's not as though newspapers are quick to defend binge drinking young people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Should we feel sorry for her? She drunk the alcohol knowing full well what it can do to her, yet she still does it.

Actually, not many people know full well what it can do. NO ONE thinks they're going to die when out drinking from the drink they consume. 10 jagers is a lot but thousands of people do this most nights, i think she got unlucky that she happened to be the type who couldn't handle it. She drank too much, she will learn, but we shouldn't live in fear, i'm going out in style you know.
YOLO!... or not?
Reply 31
Silly girl. Silly bar staff.
Reply 32
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2574594/Teenager-18-downed-ten-Jagerbombs-nightclub-two-one-offer-three-heart-attacks-DIED-brought-life-defibrillator.html Should we feel sorry for her? She drunk the alcohol knowing full well what it can do to her, yet she still does it. Is this another sign that Britain is a nation of binge drinkers who are drinking themselves to death?

I dunno if people really do. I was never educated on the subject at school anyway. And I especially doubt she knows what a Jagerbomb actually does to you. A better question would be to ask why they're sold. We can't rely on all the stupid people to look after themselves, so someone has to do it for them in the form of bans and restrictions.
Reply 33
Original post by cole-slaw
There is, its called alcohol tax, and it pays for the entire NHS.

No it doesn't

It's no excuse anyway

People should take more responsibility for their behaviour

Oh sorry they can't can they as most are stupid as ****!
Reply 34
Original post by aeon439
So what?

My health isn't affected by it so it's irrelevant

I'm an exceedingly healthy person

I've been in hospital once in my life and I'm 47

and I can't remember the last time I had a cold even

So I'm certainly not putting a strain on the NHS

Unlike heavy drinkers!

My dad drinks a bottle of wine a night and is also an exceedingly healthy person. Hell most of Italy are regular heavy drinkers and the live forever.
Reply 35
Original post by redferry
My dad drinks a bottle of wine a night and is also an exceedingly healthy person. Hell most of Italy are regular heavy drinkers and the live forever.

You can't sustain that level of drinking indefinitely

His liver will pack in eventually or he'll have some other major health problem develop

although there are always a minority of people with teflon constitutions who buck the trend as well as people who just exaggerate for effect

I'd also say that on a bottle of wine a night he doesn't sound like he's coping very well with life in general!
Reply 36
Original post by aeon439
No it doesn't

It's no excuse anyway

People should take more responsibility for their behaviour

Oh sorry they can't can they as most are stupid as ****!

What do you mean "no it doesn't"? Are you disputing the governments own figures? Do you have information they need to know?
Reply 37
Original post by aeon439
You can't sustain that level of drinking indefinitely

His liver will pack in eventually or he'll have some other major health problem develop

although there are always a minority of people with teflon constitutions who buck the trend as well as people who just exaggerate for effect

I'd also say that on a bottle of wine a night he doesn't sound like he's coping very well with life in general!

He loves life, he's just Italian. Most Italians drink at least half a bottle a day. All my relatives do it and none have had any liver problems, and the vast majority have lived to 80+. Only breast cancers, Parkinson's and one heart attack from working himself to death on that side of the family.
Reply 38
£2.20 for 2 Jagerbombs !!! ****ing hell i need to move to Yeovil, Somerset :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by aeon439
1. No

2. Yes

How far is society expected to go in mitigating for stupidity?

People are often very stupid and need to learn their lesson in my opinion

One less stupid person on the planet if people die from it

I bet she's still drinking heavily still becuase all her stupid mates will still be doing it and heaven forbid she doesn't follow the herd

People like this clog up A&E for people who deserve to use it

There should be a special A&E funded by all the drinkers - no money in the pot = oh dear no service

You clearly can't read, it says that it was the energy drink that caused it not alcohol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending