The Student Room Group

Girl who downed ten Jagerbombs in two-for-one offer died and brought back to life

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Wade-
You clearly can't read, it says that it was the energy drink that caused it not alcohol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course! the energy drink not the alcohol - how stupid of me! lol

The combination of it with the alcohol I should imagine

I'd hate to deprive you all of the right to drink yourselves to death
with whatever combination of substances you choose :rolleyes:
Reply 41
Original post by aeon439

with whatever combination of substances you choose

Good job really, seeing as suicide has been legal in the UK since 1961, and you're not Judge Dredd.
I don't believe she only had 10 (she may have had a lot more, or had a load other drinks as well). I also don't believe that she came to a nightclub sober on New Years Eve.
Original post by stargirl63
I don't believe she only had 10 (she may have had a lot more, or had a load other drinks as well). I also don't believe that she came to a nightclub sober on New Years Eve.

Tbh I can believe she did, but it has nothing to do with alcohol content, it'll be drinking 5-10 cans of red bull (depends if they used half or whole can, whole can is pretty common obviously) in a really short amount of time assuming she drank them all quickly. That'll mess anyone up a bit.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by aeon439
Of course! the energy drink not the alcohol - how stupid of me! lol

The combination of it with the alcohol I should imagine

with whatever combination of substances you choose :rolleyes:

Could you please quote where in that article is says it was a combination of alcohol and energy drinks. Or at least provide a medical explanation if you're qualified to.

What you don't seem to understand is she wouldn't have drunk that much alcohol, 10 shots of of Jaegermeister which only 250ml of a diluted 35% spirit I'm very sure lots of people have drunk considerably more and been fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by joey11223
Tbh I can believe she did, but it has nothing to do with alcohol content, it'll be drinking 5-10 cans of red bull (depends if they used half or whole can, whole can is pretty common obviously) in a really short amount of time assuming she drank them all quickly. That'll mess anyone up a bit.

Says half cans, 400mg which isn't that much and shouldn't mess you up.
Nothing wrong with the drinks, nothing wrong with the bar/ bartenders who served her; she should know if she's sensitive to caffeine and know her limits before drinking that much?

Oh and I certainly wouldn't be posing in the Daily Mail with a huge grin on my face, if she thinks the situation is funny it's not, we're laughing at her.
Silly moo.
Reply 47
Original post by cole-slaw
Good job really, seeing as suicide has been legal in the UK since 1961, and you're not Judge Dredd.

Priceless! :rolleyes:
Reply 48
Original post by stargirl63

Ohhhh so she's a lightweight to be sneered at

I acknowledge people are young on here but My God is all I can say

Just My God!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by laurenatlantic
Nothing wrong with the drinks, nothing wrong with the bar/ bartenders who served her; she should know if she's sensitive to caffeine and know her limits before drinking that much?

Oh and I certainly wouldn't be posing in the Daily Mail with a huge grin on my face, if she thinks the situation is funny it's not, we're laughing at her.
Silly moo.

The most sensible post on here

It's truly chilling to see the extent that people are determined to defend excessive drinking

Things are evidently going to get a lot worse when the people censuring such activity are in the minority
Reply 50
Original post by Wade-
Could you please quote where in that article is says it was a combination of alcohol and energy drinks. Or at least provide a medical explanation if you're qualified to.

What you don't seem to understand is she wouldn't have drunk that much alcohol, 10 shots of of Jaegermeister which only 250ml of a diluted 35% spirit I'm very sure lots of people have drunk considerably more and been fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

It didn't do her a lot of good though did it?

I assume we're not going to now say it was all a faked hospital trip
and near-death experience?

I think some people on here have got a serious alcohol problem

I've seen it before with cannabis smokers - the most vicious defence of their vice comes from those with the worst problems

and I'm a person wanting people to live to see old age ie not your enemy!
Original post by n00
Says half cans, 400mg which isn't that much and shouldn't mess you up.

Oh right skimmed too fast lol. She probably had some sensitively to caffeine or something, probably downed them all in fairly quick succession.
Reply 52
Original post by joey11223
She probably had some sensitively to caffeine or something

Seems likely. Disappointing for those puritans in here throthing at the mouth for a bit of retribution though I imagine.
Reply 53
Original post by n00
So you should maybe give that a thought and cut down on the maple syrup before you go on a rant about stupid unhealthy choices.

Many drinkers will say the same, but its nonsense isn't it, of course you would be healthier if you lost a bit of weight. You don't think you should be deprived of NHS care in order to teach you a lesson when your stupid unhealthy choices catch up with you? Why ever not? Why should society be expected to go mitigating for your stupidity but not theirs?

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/obe/risks.html

Time to take more responsibility for your behaviour?

What on earth has me not needing to use NHS services got to do with a person who drank themself into to near-death situation?

I am not putting any strain on the NHS AT ALL

how much simpler can I make it?

I can see the effect all this alcohol has had on your brain very clearly!

I am on a diet so well aware of my own responsibility

I couldn't be a worse example for your argument in fact!

I wish people would get this vicious towards drinkers as opposed to people who are overweight

Heavy drinkers are the ones who frequently kill others as well as themselves - they are far more of a legitimate target for your vitriol but no, because our culture is essentially a heavy drinking culture, drinkers are fine and dandy

Except they're not really are they?

You are trying to defend the indefensible, possibly because you are a part of this community of heavy drinkers yourself

Please don't project your alcohol problem onto me

It's not advisable to drink to excess - that is basic common sense

and any further vitriol will just be further proof of how very unpleasant excess alcohol intake can make a person ie not a good PR job on your beloved alcohol at
all

A certain percentage of people on here won't make it to my age and I can clearly see why

I'm offering advice but impetuous youth rejects it

Fine, I admit defeat!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by aeon439
It didn't do her a lot of good though did it?

I assume we're not going to now say it was all a faked hospital trip
and near-death experience?

I think some people on here have got a serious alcohol problem

I've seen it before with cannabis smokers - the most vicious defence of their vice comes from those with the worst problems

and I'm a person wanting people to live to see old age ie not your enemy!

I imagine that she must have had an underlying heart condition or sensitivity to caffeine. Alcohol wise ten Jaeger Bombs over the course of a couple of hours (the time she was in the club according to the paper) really isn't that much. I don't see how you are blaming the alcohol when high quantities of caffeine is known to increase heart attack risk.
Reply 55
Original post by lucaf
I imagine that she must have had an underlying heart condition or sensitivity to caffeine. Alcohol wise ten Jaeger Bombs over the course of a couple of hours (the time she was in the club according to the paper) really isn't that much. I don't see how you are blaming the alcohol when high quantities of caffeine is known to increase heart attack risk.

See above and happy excessive drinking
It's the caffeine that did it, not the alcohol. She collapsed the next day when the alcohol had lost most of its effect. I've probably drank that same amount of alcohol in a night and was fine.
10 drinks in 2 hours and that happened to her? Weak.
Original post by aeon439
Ohhhh so she's a lightweight to be sneered at

I acknowledge people are young on here but My God is all I can say

Just My God!

No need for blasphemy.

I didn't mention her tolerance to alcohol, simply the opinion that I don't believe that she comes to a nightclub sober on NYE.

Firstly because it's NYE
Secondly, because most people don't show up to clubs stone cold sober generally

With this in mind, I question the reliability of the article (ignoring the fact it's Daily Mail) and I say that there may have been more factors to consider and she isn't the innocent girl that they make her out to be.

Also, the article is about the caffeine in the Jagerbombs, not the alcohol level, therefore, whether she was a lightweight or not, is irrelevant.
Reply 59
Original post by aeon439
See above and happy excessive drinking

except you clearly do not have any concept of what excess drinking is, nor have any clue what is going on in this particular scenario.

Alcohol does not cause heart attacks, caffeine does cause heart attacks. So why on earth are you blaming alchohol?

Quick Reply

Latest