The Student Room Group

Choice between EDHEC MSc Fin. / Henley MSc International Securities, Invt & Banking

Hi fellow forum members,

Out of the offers I hold for 2014 entry, below are the respectable ones.

· MSc International Securities, Investment and Banking (10 months Full Time)
ICMA Centre - Henley Business School, University of Reading, UK

· MSc Finance (1 Year Full Time)
EDHEC Business School, Nice, France

I have 3.5 years of experience in the international financial markets. I have been a part of the Treasury Middle Office, Product Control & Valuation Control departments of global financial services organisations (MNC banks & Hedge Funds). Although my experience, so far, was based out of india. I did have a decent international exposure by means of everyday interaction with traders and other verticals of financial markets. I led a team of 5 to 7 valuation analyst in my last professional role.

I do not possess an academic background in finance and my UG grades aren't strong as well (I am an engineer), hence I wish to pursue a master degree in finance, such as above one's and then go for programs like...

1. MIT - Masters in Finance
2. London Business School - Masters in Finance or some of the top US MBA's may be......

I have a score of 700+ in GMAT and impressive professional references (from the Global Head and Department Heads of Financial Market teams)

so, as of now...I wish to know, how the people in this forum look at the above courses. Please share your feedback on the possibility of any possible IB job prospects (not FO jobs) in UK (London) or France, after graduating from above courses.

Thanks & Regards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending