The Student Room Group

Unable to orgasm - why?!

Ok, so I have had sex quite a few times all of which included foreplay etc etc.

I have tried masturbation etc but nothing has worked, i just seem completely unable to reach any sort of climax or get near an orgasm!

Is this common? Is it a problem?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Ok, so I have had sex quite a few times all of which included foreplay etc etc.

I have tried masturbation etc but nothing has worked, i just seem completely unable to reach any sort of climax or get near an orgasm!

Is this common? Is it a problem?

are you female or male?

in it is common in females to not orgasm a lot, but if you're a dude then go to a doctor.
Reply 2
It's a problem if you're not enjoying the sex that you're having. It is a problem if you're not getting the pleasure you want.

Learning to have one can take a while, especially if you're female. If you are, have you tried using a vibrator on / around your clitoris?
I agree, it is so much harder for females to orgasm than men. It took me years till I was actually able to have a proper one.
You need to start off by relaxing yourself first don't think about having an orgasm whilst you're having sex, foreplay, etc or else it will be on your mind and you will start to get frustrated.
Buy yourself a cheap vibrator from a small shop like superdrug, poundland, boots or somewhere to get you started, nothing fancy or expensive yet until you do orgasm as you can then choose different types later on.
Use it on yourself a few times, then do it whilst you're with your boyfriend a few times and then once it's there and you know the feeling and that then you'll start to orgasm with everything mainly the foreplay stuff, orgasming through sex is hard for many females so don't worry to much about that!
Reply 4
I've been sexually active since i was 16, I'm now 19, ive had a lot of sex in that time and only just 3ish months ago did i have my first orgasm, for some its just not easy, people have different physiologies which is party to blame apparently, its not your fault.
how adventurous are you in bed? i used to be really scared of being on top, absolutely terrified, but eventually i got into it and eventually got good, and when that happened i started to be able to orgasm, so you could try being on top, it gives more friction with the clitoris. I've also found that sex in the morning is really good for orgasms, apparently there's an increase in testosterone, in both men and women, and it increases the ability to orgasm. most importantly though i think is that you just need to stop worrying about it, let it happen to you, worry wont help anything and is the biggest hindrance in the bedroom

Quick Reply

Latest