The Student Room Group

What are your least favourite crowd chants?

Scroll to see replies

anything shouted on a late night, in the underground. Not cute
Original post by little_tom
@United

Singing "Viva Ronaldo" at the end of the game after he scored two goals to knock you out of the CL was pretty cringe as well

One of our best ever players who left on good terms, on his first return to Old Trafford? I don't see how it's any different from Arsenal giving Thierry Henry a standing ovation when he came back with Barcelona.
Reply 42
Original post by bunniesftw
Don't have a least favorite, but this is definitely my favorite.

[video="youtube;bbfy05y5Ukw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbfy05y5Ukw[/video]

this is funny the first time you hear it, but its been so overused (especially this season unless its my imagination) that its just boring!
Reply 43
That Chelsea chant has to be there at the top. Much like Chelsea the club its a ****e chant. That Giroud one is also pretty bad.

"Liv-er-pooooooooool, liver-poooooooool" Yawn. Bit better then Chelsea's one as their is actually a bit of passion in it but none the less its sung by the Scouse so its ****e.

And my personal favorite " stand up if you hate Man u". There is nothing more i like then when this is being sung when we are smashing that particular team.
Reply 44
They were also chanting 'murderers' two years back in the semi-final against Tottenham during the minute of silence :lol:

#class

Compared to actually murdering people at a football game and failing to take notice of that fact, in spite of a nationwide 'justice' campaign for an almost identical event against their own fans.

#class

(not that that condones it in a minute silence, of course)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kenan and Kel
'Glory Glory Chelsea'

Just burst out laughing. No way.

& there is nothing wrong with the murderers chant btw.
Reply 46
Original post by Wilfred Little
They sing it to Chelsea because of the takeover. If they had won all that stuff without Russian tycoon money that song would never have been made up.

Then you didn't read my post, haha
Reply 47
"En-ger-land, En-ger-land"
Reply 48
Original post by The Assassin
Lmao @ some people focusing at that one chant. I guess you guys are right though; I mean, who can compete with the infinite, class songbook from the mancs and Arsenal ofc?

Nobody touches those masterfully crafted lyrics about proclaiming that your team is da best in the world. Just sheer utter brilliance :coma: :coma: :coma:

..or I guess the even more creative ones where the mancs ask Chelsea fans what the mata is? :sogood:. Just too good.

that was ofc terrible but...

an arsenal fan talking about unclassy chanting?

u wot m8?

Typical Chelsea fan incapable of dealing with justified criticism. The first few posts was more critical of arsenal but you still got butt hurt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 49
The Giroud one is terrible.

Any variation of:

He scores when he wants
He scores when he waaaants
Insert player name here
He scores when he wants

7 Nation Army rewordings (I know we do it as well but it is ****).

And it's Ars-er-nul (doesn't even fit)

Basically everything sung today, if I named them all I'd be here all night. No originality whatsoever.

You really need a time machine don't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StephenNaulls
Then you didn't read my post, haha

I read your post and it was a myopic way of looking at the chant. They are ridiculing Chelsea because of the money. Nobody sings stuff like that against Wigan (first major honour last year) or Blues (first major honour in 2011 in God knows how long).
Original post by 419
Typical Chelsea fan incapable of dealing with justified criticism. The first few posts was more critical of arsenal but you still hit butt hurt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This doesn't even make any sense. Any the second point is hardly true. :confused:

but you still hit

????
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 52
Does anybody posting here actually go and see their team play? Probably not :rolleyes:
Reply 53
I read your post and it was a myopic way of looking at the chant. They are ridiculing Chelsea because of the money. Nobody sings stuff like that against Wigan (first major honour last year) or Blues (first major honour in 2011 in God knows how long).

Then they should chant about the money... not their own history
Does anybody posting here actually go and see their team play? Probably not :rolleyes:

yes actually quite a few of us do lol. I live like 2 mins from our ground.
Reply 55
yes actually quite a few of us do lol. I live like 2 mins from our ground.

Good!.. I live a while away from our ground but travel 3 hours every weekend to see us (and my Dad supports the same team, which is why I do; no I'm not a glory supporter).
Good!.. I live a while away from our ground but travel 3 hours every weekend to see us (and my Dad supports the same team, which is why I do; no I'm not a glory supporter).

Who do you support?

(not that that condones it in a minute silence, of course)

wasnt that the point?
Reply 58

Plastic armchair fan here :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Who do you support?

Chelsea... in case you didn't guess haha

On that note, I found the Ashley Cole/mobile phone chant quite funny

wasnt that the point?

I guess... was just pointing out that the Liverpool fans aren't exactly innocent themselves- although there's much better means of expressing that!
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest