The Student Room Group

Edexcel Applied ICT Unit 3

Has anyone got any revision lists or useful websites for the exam, as we haven't even started Unit 3 yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Mr. Arsenal
Has anyone got any revision lists or useful websites for the exam, as we haven't even started Unit 3 yet?

Can I ask what college/school your doing this in? I'm trying to do the same exam but can't find a school for it. Message me privately if need be. Cheers.
Reply 2
Does anyone have pre- release material/scenario for this exam(unit 3 exam 2014)? Please let me know :smile: Much appreciated!
Reply 3
Original post by BinaSchmidt
Does anyone have pre- release material/scenario for this exam(unit 3 exam 2014)? Please let me know :smile: Much appreciated!

The pre-release came out on Friday 18th April this year, not a very good day to release the material. Your teacher should have the files etc to give you.

Very little data given this year, will have to see what they give you in the exam.
Reply 4
yer we just got the scenario its pixie plates one correct?
Do you think there will be another section added like last year? I'm wondering if it will be in the same format as the June 2013 exam paper e.g only 4 sections

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr. Arsenal

There is often a Youtube Video which goes through the scenario which helps so much!
I'm resitting the exam as a failed spectacularly last year and like you we hadn't even started unit 3 by April.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I don't know how to revise either.

Ive got the pre release but it looks complex already
Reply 8
Original post by collarobsession
There is often a Youtube Video which goes through the scenario which helps so much!
I'm resitting the exam as a failed spectacularly last year and like you we hadn't even started unit 3 by April.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the same as you.

Last year's exam was so hard, i got a U.

I'm so annoyed about Edexcel Applied ICT- it's been such a stressful course and i've spent a crazy amount of time on coursework.

This pre-release looks ok at the moment, although there is very little data given which i don't know what to do with.

Cheeky buggers giving the pre-release just 4 weeks before the exam- i had my business pre-release 3 months before the exam.
Original post by tricky4091
The pre-release came out on Friday 18th April this year, not a very good day to release the material. Your teacher should have the files etc to give you.

Very little data given this year, will have to see what they give you in the exam.

My teacher hasn't been in for two weeks now and I have no idea when she will be back, can you pm me the scenario? I don't get back to college till next week, cause it's still half term.

Thanks!
Has anyone got the pre-release materials that can be uploaded?? pleaseeee
can anyone help me with what to do with the model, dont understand at all...
Hope this helps...
I got the scenario today and we done a mock activity 1 type thing, where we chose 10-15 number of facts from the text and we were trying to guess the formulas, the model seems very limited in its information mind. I was even looking in formula view and looked and the conditional formatting on each worksheet to see if there were any clues,
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by collarobsession
Do you think there will be another section added like last year? I'm wondering if it will be in the same format as the June 2013 exam paper e.g only 4 sections

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most probably, but they may reintroduce the 'activity 2' sources of data from previous papers as the spreadsheet seems very limited at the moment. hopefully it is like the jun 13 paper
does anyone have any idea of how to get the model working?
pleas can u send me a working model with formulas in it so i can have an understanding of how the model works...
email: [Mod edit: Please use PMs]
Reply 16
Original post by Dr_Roxx1574
Most probably, but they may reintroduce the 'activity 2' sources of data from previous papers as the spreadsheet seems very limited at the moment. hopefully it is like the jun 13 paper

Hopefully it's not because i got a U in that haha
Reply 17
Im Also resitting the exam again last year was a bit complicated

Hopefully this is easier
Reply 18
This years pre-release seems pretty damn limited! There's not much on the actual model nor on the paper....
Original post by cdude
Hopefully it's not because i got a U in that haha

I feel don't worry :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest