The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele University Accomodation

I will be starting at Keele University in this coming September, just wondering things about the accomodation. Does anyone know what's the main difference between Premier flat and Premier en-suite, and also does anyone know if they provide any room with double bed?
Thanks.
Reply 1
It is my understanding that 'premier' means that it has a double bed.
I believe that a Premier flat refers to a self-contained flat that houses 4 or 6 students and has a shared kitchen and bathroom (I don't think there are ensuite flats) and the Premier ensuite would refer to an ensuite room on a corridor within a bigger building such as Lindsey Court or HollyCross. Within a corridor 6 rooms are usually allocated a shared kitchen and dining space that is accessed with a key to ensure that your kitchen stuff remains yours. I hope this makes sense. I would advise that you get to an open day as soon as possible to view the accommodation for yourself, but don't get your heart too set on a particular room as I know when I applied I was given my last choice (but ultimately it was the people that made the accommodation and not the rooms).
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
http://www.keele.ac.uk/studyatkeele/accommodation/newstudents/feesroomtypes/typesofaccommodation/ According to this, Premier flats are just ensuite, whereas premier en-suite has a larger bed :smile:
Hi

In a premier flat 6 people share a kitchen and everyone has their own en suite bathroom. I think its only Barnes hall that has these but i could be wrong.

Premier en suite are rooms in lindsay court, holly cross and the oaks. 8 people share a kitchen and each person has their own en suite bathroom. These rooms all also have a 3/4 sized bed; none of the rooms have double sized beds.

hope this helped :smile:
I'm hopefully attending keele in september, does anybody know if any accommodation is available where each flat has its own lounge area? A place where the other 4-6 people in that flat can hang out like what is available at other institutions?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0nfused_Student
I'm hopefully attending keele in september, does anybody know if any accommodation is available where each flat has its own lounge area? A place where the other 4-6 people in that flat can hang out like what is available at other institutions?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi

Just to let you know most of the barnes rooms are typically given to third year students so you may not get one but theres still some chance :smile:

Each flat does not have its own lounge area as in a room with sofas but there are tables and chairs in each kitchen where you can all hang out or each bedroom is quite a good size so one of you with the cleanest room can open it up so everyone can chill in there. And theres always the hallway lol

Barnes W and X are the premier ones with 6 to a flat (each person has an en suite) and barnes G to V are normal flats with 4 to a flat (bathroom is shared).

Hope this helped :smile: anymore questions don't hesitate to ask
What halls/flats are considered "more sociable"? I want to apply to the halls considered more sociable, and dont know which ones to choose!
I currently live in Hawthorns & it gets so much bad press but I have loved living here with 29 other people as you will always have someone to do something with! You should see us on a night out, all of us squeezing into the halls for pre-drinks! There's more of a community feel down here! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by creative_thinker
I currently live in Hawthorns & it gets so much bad press but I have loved living here with 29 other people as you will always have someone to do something with! You should see us on a night out, all of us squeezing into the halls for pre-drinks! There's more of a community feel down here! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What room types are available in Hawthorns? Sounds like a good place to live but i guess its largely down to luck with who else is in the halls that year. Yeah i guess pre drinks and all meeting up before a night out could be a bit of a novelty problem with only bedrooms and a small kitchen to do it in haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0nfused_Student
What room types are available in Hawthorns? Sounds like a good place to live but i guess its largely down to luck with who else is in the halls that year. Yeah i guess pre drinks and all meeting up before a night out could be a bit of a novelty problem with only bedrooms and a small kitchen to do it in haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

In hawthorns there are:

- Washbasin band A
- Washbasin band B
- Shared flats
- Catered traditional rooms
- Catered en suite

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by creative_thinker

Posted from TSR Mobile

What room type do you have? If you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response!

I have a traditional block with wash basin band b! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by flamegoblin0
What halls/flats are considered "more sociable"? I want to apply to the halls considered more sociable, and dont know which ones to choose!

I'd say apply for Halls where third years aren't, the likes of the large Lindsay Blocks, and in Horwood are where freshers tend to be placed. Third years tend to have mostly established friendships by this point, and have a lot more work to do.

In a block with freshers everyone's in the same boat, all wanting to make friends, and they tend to be really social. :smile:
Reply 13
What size are the beds/duvets in Hawthorns band b room? :smile:
What bed size are in Lindsay Hall? Are they single/double/ 3/4 . It does not state in the accommodation website.
I know that in Lindsay Court the bed sizes are 3/4.
Original post by Leema_97
What size are the beds/duvets in Hawthorns band b room? :smile:

Original post by flavouronline
What bed size are in Lindsay Hall? Are they single/double/ 3/4 . It does not state in the accommodation website.
I know that in Lindsay Court the bed sizes are 3/4.

Hi Both,

All of our beds are single size with single duvets and pillows provided, with the exception of our en-suite accommodation where the rooms are 3/4 size (Lindsay Court, Barnes premier flats, Holly Cross & The Oaks). Don't forget your own bed linens and towels!)

This link might be useful: https://www.keele.ac.uk/studyatkeele/accommodation/studentlifeoncampus/whatweprovidewhatyouneedtobring/

A lot of students do decide to bring their own double duvets. I know when I was living in Halls at Keele, I loved having a double duvet on my single bed for added comfort!

Any other questions, let me know!

Illana (Residence Support)

Quick Reply

Latest