The Student Room Group

Seeing someone from online in real life!

Soooo I have an online dating profile, let's get that out of the way first.

I messaged a girl a while back because she looked pretty and we had more similar interests than anyone I'd seen on this site - but she never replied. I didn't send her another message even though I was admittedly gutted and saw she had read my first message because I didn't want to be a creeper.

I gently stroked my ego and got over it BUT out of the blue I saw her today in a shop!

I never set foot in the area and have never been in that shop either so it felt too coincidental to actually be her. Then I saw her double-take when she saw me which confirmed that it was definitely her. I tried to play it cool but I probably did a terrible job of it.

I almost wished I said something but in my head it seems like it would have been too weird and I might have frightened her because of the circumstances.

It's strange to think that we know things about each other from our online personas but have never even spoken. I really don't know what to think about that but it feels odd.
Reply 1
stalk her.

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Should have made a move bro , now if you bring it up shes going to think your either a stalker or a pussy . Just forget about it and continue as usual.
Reply 3
Original post by Kreme
stalk her.

Spoiler

She might be thinking that :/

How would this play out in a rom-com?
Reply 4
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Should have made a move bro , now if you bring it up shes going to think your either a stalker or a pussy . Just forget about it and continue as usual.

She was working and there was a big queue where she was so I would have had to jump in and announce where I saw her from in front of everyone.

You're probably right but I really don't know how I would have handled that situation.

I hate thinking 'what if.'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending