The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry Accommodation

I 'm starting at Coventry in September and looking at self catered halls...I visited a couple on an open day and just wondering peoples opinions on them or what you've heard friends say about them (good and bad things)

I think i looked at Singer halls and Liberty Point. Which you would say is the best in terms of price/atmosphere/etc? I like going out but obviously don't want parties EVERY night and being really loud.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hear is all of the comments I have made on halls in other threads, hope they assist you

My advice is don't go catered as the food is dreadful, plus the halls are all worse anyways than the self-catered ones.
I would advise you to choose from Callice, Liberty and Singer. With Singer being my preference as it sounds the most community like.

Inside the two Liberty's I can't tell you but Liberty Point is in a better location imo. Security in most are of a similar level of strictness, however some security guards 'bend' the rules more than others. The most relaxed for security is Singer. Callice is pretty standard tbh some people don't like it a move out early (but that occurs in most, in fact the only one I havent hear that happening is Singer).

Victoria hall is new this year, and was very nearly not completed. Raglan I've heard is nice and is next door to Singer. I would rate them in this order
1 Singer
2 Liberty Point
3 Callice
4 Other Liberty
5 Raglan
6 Apollo
7 Sherbourne
8 Quadrant
9 Pirory
(cant rate Victoria due to lack of knowledge)

This is just an opinion based on my own and others experiences. Not taking into account the cost at all.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by L4L4
Hear is all of the comments I have made on halls in other threads, hope they assist you

My advice is don't go catered as the food is dreadful, plus the halls are all worse anyways than the self-catered ones.
I would advise you to choose from Callice, Liberty and Singer. With Singer being my preference as it sounds the most community like.

Inside the two Liberty's I can't tell you but Liberty Point is in a better location imo. Security in most are of a similar level of strictness, however some security guards 'bend' the rules more than others. The most relaxed for security is Singer. Callice is pretty standard tbh some people don't like it a move out early (but that occurs in most, in fact the only one I havent hear that happening is Singer).

Victoria hall is new this year, and was very nearly not completed. Raglan I've heard is nice and is next door to Singer. I would rate them in this order
1 Singer
2 Liberty Point
3 Callice
4 Other Liberty
5 Raglan
6 Apollo
7 Sherbourne
8 Quadrant
9 Pirory
(cant rate Victoria due to lack of knowledge)

This is just an opinion based on my own and others experiences. Not taking into account the cost at all.

Thanks very much! Seems that quite a few people recommend Singer hall!
Reply 3
I am a bit confused by their application process for accommodation, I was really hoping if I put them as my firm I could apply straight away, get in there early, hopefully get my first choice and have it all sorted. But on their website it sounds like I have to wait for results day? My other uni options don't say this, and it sounds pretty stressful having to all rush to apply for accommodation that late? Am I the only person surprised and put off by this? Or have I completely misunderstood?

Or am I just the only person without an unconditional offer that this is affecting?
Original post by Hanahbolt
I am a bit confused by their application process for accommodation, I was really hoping if I put them as my firm I could apply straight away, get in there early, hopefully get my first choice and have it all sorted. But on their website it sounds like I have to wait for results day? My other uni options don't say this, and it sounds pretty stressful having to all rush to apply for accommodation that late? Am I the only person surprised and put off by this? Or have I completely misunderstood?

Or am I just the only person without an unconditional offer that this is affecting?
Yeah this is something I am struggling with too, do I have to wait or if I put them as my firm choice can I just apply. The website isn't much help :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by charlottie96
Yeah this is something I am struggling with too, do I have to wait or if I put them as my firm choice can I just apply. The website isn't much help :frown:

Hey I actually just got an email from them saying that if you have them as your firm choice you will be able to apply from Monday (17th march) however you do need your id they will send you in an email also presumably when you have put them as your firm choice and guessing it could take a day or so to get that email maybe. But essentially you can apply from Monday
Hey I actually just got an email from them saying that if you have them as your firm choice you will be able to apply from Monday (17th march) however you do need your id they will send you in an email also presumably when you have put them as your firm choice and guessing it could take a day or so to get that email maybe. But essentially you can apply from Monday
Thanks a lot, this has defiantly cleared some stuff up will put it as my firm choice tonight :smile: p.s. if this even if you have an conditional offer do u know?
Reply 7
Original post by charlottie96
Thanks a lot, this has defiantly cleared some stuff up will put it as my firm choice tonight :smile: p.s. if this even if you have an conditional offer do u know?

No worries I was panicking over it too! Yeaah I think it must do because I got a conditional offer. I think it was an email to people with offers so you might have it too, it was called 'intouch', just said about how to apply for accommodation and Varsity or something.
I went on the accommodation tour the other day at Coventry and definitely thought Singer Hall was the best! I didn't get to see round many of them though... Have you guys seen Quadrant Hall yet?
Reply 9
I'm interested in Victoria Halls but I'm a little confused because its not owned by the university. I received an email from Coventry telling me applications for accommodation is open from this Monday, will Victoria be an option when applying through the university? Or will I have to apply directly to Victoria Halls?

Also, the price is a little confusing. What is the £200 booking? One full payment is £5005 for 43 weeks. Paying in four installments is £5160. When paying monthly, assuming you pay the booking fee of £200 each month it works out to be £5568, assuming you only pay the booking fee once makes it £4168. Isn't this overly pricey for 43 weeks?:confused: Or is this simply just the catch when staying in Victoria Halls? Or am I being naive and this is a standard amount for accommodation?

The payment dates are confusing too. It says £200 is paid upon booking and then £1984 on the 1st of August?! There's no way I'd be able to afford that on that date!

Also, should I apply for accommodation only when I know 100% that I've got my place?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
This is pissing me off

I can't even sign up to the accommodation site, they said they sent me a confirm email with a validation code yesterday but it still hasn't arrived....
Reply 11
Original post by Onyxus
This is pissing me off

I can't even sign up to the accommodation site, they said they sent me a confirm email with a validation code yesterday but it still hasn't arrived....

I'm going to phone them later, I havnt got my code yet either, I don't expect it to come straight away but maybe they'll give it to me if I phone them and ask
Reply 12
I'm going to phone them later, I havnt got my code yet either, I don't expect it to come straight away but maybe they'll give it to me if I phone them and ask

I just rang them up and it's pretty obvious they are having problems distributing the codes. They gave me mine and I've managed to log in, they ask you to confirm who you are so make sure you have your Student ID No.
(edited 10 years ago)
I also am having the same problem. I applied yesterday and still have no validation email. I emailed them and they told me to re-apply after 10:00 AM today as they have deleted my details. I re-applied and still have had no validation email!
I hope this gets sorted quickly! This is frustrating
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Does anyone know if you have to fill all 5 choices in when you apply?
I want to apply tonight but the phone line closed at 5 or half past and I don't know whether to just go with the choices I have or what?
Any help would be much appreciated!
Reply 16
Original post by jadej
Does anyone know if you have to fill all 5 choices in when you apply?
I want to apply tonight but the phone line closed at 5 or half past and I don't know whether to just go with the choices I have or what?
Any help would be much appreciated!

On the application when i did it, it said that you have to fill in every box...so meaning all 5 choices i think!
Reply 17
Original post by laurajanecurtis
I hope this gets sorted quickly! This is frustrating

Original post by curtisjhall
I also am having the same problem. I applied yesterday and still have no validation email. I emailed them and they told me to re-apply after 10:00 AM today as they have deleted my details. I re-applied and still have had no validation email!

If you ring the accommodation office and tell them your name and student ID number then they will be able to give you your validation code!
Original post by Midd11
If you ring the accommodation office and tell them your name and student ID number then they will be able to give you your validation code!

Yeah I saw everyone else doing that so I followed trend!

Where did everyone apply to as their preference?!
Reply 19
Original post by laurajanecurtis
Yeah I saw everyone else doing that so I followed trend!

Where did everyone apply to as their preference?!

Yeah same haha! My first choice is Singer Hall, whats yours?

Quick Reply

Latest