The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Biochemistry Practicals at York

Hi everyone,

I have received an offer from York to study Biochemistry, and am seriously considering it as my top choice. I am trying to choose between York and Bath at the moment and am trying to weigh up everything.
One thing I am considering is the number of hours dedicated to practicals, and what the practicals consist of. I know roughly how many hours of practical there are at Bath but not so sure about York. So I was just wondering if there are any York Biochemists out there who can shed some light on that? :smile:

Thank you in advance!
I'm sure at the open day they said it was normally around 8 hours a week
University of York
York
Original post by zef1995
Hi everyone,

I have received an offer from York to study Biochemistry, and am seriously considering it as my top choice. I am trying to choose between York and Bath at the moment and am trying to weigh up everything.
One thing I am considering is the number of hours dedicated to practicals, and what the practicals consist of. I know roughly how many hours of practical there are at Bath but not so sure about York. So I was just wondering if there are any York Biochemists out there who can shed some light on that? :smile:

Thank you in advance!

During our first year at York we had about one practical in the chemistry department every two weeks (8 hours each) and about 13 practicals in the biology department a term(about 3 hours each).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by SakuraBlossom
During our first year at York we had about one practical in the chemistry department every two weeks (8 hours each) and about 13 practicals in the biology department a term(about 3 hours each).

Original post by whatsername1039
I'm sure at the open day they said it was normally around 8 hours a week

Thank you both for your responses! That's helpful to know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending