The Student Room Group

"Testing, please ignore"?

I've seen two of these threads so far, one by a Community team member and another the other day by a new account.

Why does TSR "test" posts? :s-smilie:
Testing, testing, 1 2 3
Reply 2
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Testing, testing, 1 2 3

I thought the mystery would be solved. :unimpressed:
Original post by JulietheCat
I thought the mystery would be solved. :unimpressed:

I honestly have no idea, maybe they're testing software or summit?
Reply 4
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I honestly have no idea, maybe they're testing software or summit?

But why on "Advice on everyday issues"? The forum works fine.

And it's technically a spam minefield, not that I'm complaining of course! :fan:
Test posts are needed to test that there are no bugs after an update has been made to some part of the site. Even if there are no problems, then sometimes tests need to be made to ensure that no new problems have been introduced by a particular code change.
Reply 6
Original post by JulietheCat
Why does TSR "test" posts? :s-smilie:

We have private forums where the majority of testing happens, however on rare occasions we may need to run tests using a public forum instead (for example, when testing out guest posting tools). If the tester is diligent then these posts should be tidied away very shortly after appearing. But if they're not, then it's best to just follow the advice of the thread title, and ignore it. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Dez
We have private forums where the majority of testing happens, however on rare occasions we may need to run tests using a public forum instead (for example, when testing out guest posting tools). If the tester is diligent then these posts should be tidied away very shortly after appearing. But if they're not, then it's best to just follow the advice of the thread title, and ignore it. :smile:

Thank you guys, it's all clear now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending