The Student Room Group

Cerazette (sorry if it's a bit yuck)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thanks, but as I've said, I *am* going to see my doctor.
Anonymous
Thanks, but as I've said, I *am* going to see my doctor.

:smile:

Hope you feel better soon x
Just wanted to add that I'm quite young and being on cerazette for nearly 3 months I have bled for 2 and a half months of this time, heavy and only recently lighter (with only like 3 days gap between this time!). Although I'm going back to the clinic this week I was wondering if anybody knew if it stopped after this 3 month trial cos its painful and plain draining and irritating? :frown::mad:
Anonymous
Hi, I'm posting anonymous because I know people on here and I don't really want people I know to recognise me.

Anyway, I started taking Cerazette (a POP contraceptive pill or mini-pill) two-and-a-half months ago, switching over from the combined pill because whilst on it I developed a condition which means that oestrogen could kill me (no joke :s). I bled for just over a week when I started it, then the bleeding stopped. The doctor said that Cerazette might stop my periods completely and I missed two periods so I assumed this to be the case. However, I missed two pills in a row (serious family stress :frown: so that i completely forgot) and then started to bleed. I've bled now for three weeks, and I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else on Cerazette? Some days it's heavier bleeding than other days when there's barely anything but it's by no means heavy, really, it's just a nuisance. I will be going to see my doctor but in the meantime if anyone's had similar experiences it'd be nice to know I guess.

Any help much appreciated :smile:

Hm I have missed it and bled, but not for THAT long (I think it was about the length of a normal period.
The doctor will ask you, when you need more, if you've experienced bleeding anyway, so I can't imagine it's an uncommon side effect. They might put you on another pill or something, maybe it's not the right one for you :dontknow: By which I mean, you might be better suited to another type.
I'm on this, it seems to have...umm...resulted in me losing all sex drive/enjoyment, happen to any of you lot?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm on this, it seems to have...umm...resulted in me losing all sex drive/enjoyment, happen to any of you lot?

Same here... I don't know what to do because I can't take the combined pill as I have migraines with aura :frown:
Reply 26
Hi, I'm posting anonymous because I know people on here and I don't really want people I know to recognise me.

Anyway, I started taking Cerazette (a POP contraceptive pill or mini-pill) two-and-a-half months ago, switching over from the combined pill because whilst on it I developed a condition which means that oestrogen could kill me (no joke :s). I bled for just over a week when I started it, then the bleeding stopped. The doctor said that Cerazette might stop my periods completely and I missed two periods so I assumed this to be the case. However, I missed two pills in a row (serious family stress :frown: so that i completely forgot) and then started to bleed. I've bled now for three weeks, and I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else on Cerazette? Some days it's heavier bleeding than other days when there's barely anything but it's by no means heavy, really, it's just a nuisance. I will be going to see my doctor but in the meantime if anyone's had similar experiences it'd be nice to know I guess.

Any help much appreciated :smile:

I'd go to your doctor/nurse. I had trouble on Microgynon and came off it to be put on Cerazette and I became a monster. A hormonal, b*tchy, mean, bleeding monster. I think it just works for some, not for others. I'm have an implant now and everything's fine :smile:
Reply 27
Same here... I don't know what to do because I can't take the combined pill as I have migraines with aura :frown:

I get migraines with aura too and at first I wondered what I could do - go back to the doctor and tell them you're unhappy on it. Try out some different things but give them all time - I found the Depo shot worked really well for me, I've since moved on to an implant despite horror stories and it's working fine :smile:
Hi, i had this same disease :smile: with the wierd bruise on the leg? woo! haha i bled for months after this happened i when onto a progestrogen only pill which i often forgot to take. I then went onto the implant which was good :smile: however, i bleed constantly. everyday for about 6 weeks to 6 months. The doctors only say i can get rid of it and go back on the pill or, i can just ride it out. Bleeding this much isnt that bad, its just an annoyance. Your probably only bleeding this much because you havent had a period in a while. The same happened to me before i went onto the progestrogen pill.
Reply 29
Hey :smile:

I think some of the people who have commented on here need to know what they are talking about before giving you a hard time about going to the doctors :/ if you have not experience of cerazette then why comment? lol.

I have been on Cerazette for 9 months now, and have been worried about my bleeding too, as i have basically been irregular bleeding the whole time ive been on it. I have been to get checked out twice and they said to stick with it because i cant use any other pill. It has been very inconvenient bleeding this much (obviously) but you are told that you will get irregular bleeding when u start it, but everyone is effected differently.

Im the exact opposite! My sex drive has gone through the roof to the point where it's really irritating.

I've only been on cerazette for 3 months. First two weeks I bled all the time, then the next few weeks I felt like a hormonal mess, feeling down and crying etc. Then it all seemed to have settled down, no periods, feeling fine. Until this week when I'm constantly in the mood. Ive been told it takes 6 months for your body to adjust to it so hopefully this is just a random stage.

I was put on it because of constant headaches when I was on mycrogynon. I also find if I'm out by a few hours with taking it, I'll start spotting the next day.
Reply 31
I am on cerazette and am now a week late, I am bloated but still haven't had my period. Is this normal ? Has anyone else had this? :/
Reply 32
I've never been on cerazette myself but my sister was on it and she stopped taking it as she had the same problem as you, I also know women who have experienced the same thing with depo and the implant which uses the same hormone.
Reply 33
I've been on Cerazette for just over a month now... I bled as normal when I first started taking it. But for the past 2 / 3 weeks now I've been not bleeding, but finding kind of brownish stuff (gunge would best describe it!) in my underwear every day... but not enough to wear a tampon etc. Its like I get at the very very end of my period. It started just around / just before the time I should have started my period and is still continuing now.... any thoughts of that anyone?

Im exactly the same! Ive been on cerazette for about 8months now and at first it was fine, but a couple of times ive had gunge like stuff (ew) im fairly worried about it because I get cramps and everything with it:-s however I looked it up and apparently the pill tricks your body into thinking its pregnant and so eggs arent released- so your body after a while trys to getvrid of the phantom pregnancy and bleeds. This made me panic so much :s as I was worried i was actually pregnant! So girls beware as I had to do a test but by the time the bleeding/gunge stopped the doctor couldnt tell if I had been or not! If theres a slight possibility do a test as some girls can still get pregnant on cerazette!
Not entirely sure on how exact the phantom pregnancy thing is, if anyones a genius at biology, please help! :-s
I ended up coming off cerazette, it's a good but weird pill in my opinion. I wouldn't have periods but as soon as I went on holiday once, it was like being in a different country triggered one! Very bizarre because I hadn't missed any pills.

Obviously you can't go on the combined pill anymore and the mini pill certainly has it's advantages but speak to your doctor about it as there may be another mini pill that might suit you better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I've been on Cerazette for the last 2 yrs. For the most part, I don't get any bleeding or PMS. For the first 2 or 3 months I was bleeding monthly like a normal period, then I stopped for 6 months and then I bled straight for 2 months and then nothing again for about another 6 months and then a little bleed here and there but nothing too heavy. I think its been about 2 months since I have had a bleed. My doc pretty much told me - not bleeding, bleeding every day, bleeding once a month or every few months is normal on this pill, it can be unpredictable.
I was exactly the same when I started taking it then my periods got shorter and lighter and now they are non existent. Which isn't good for my paranoia I can tell you that now! But it's still a nice side effect, no bleeding and no pain as long as I take my pill :smile:
I used to be on Femodene a combined pill, but was getting migraines with aura, so was at increased risk of a stroke, I was told by my GP to keep taking Femodene to the Sunday, and started the Cerazette on the Monday (no break), and it's now Friday and I woke up this morning and I'm bleeding, it's just like my period bleed, enough to wear a pad, and I have backache, so not sure if it's given me a period? Never ever had a problem with my old pill, and right now I do not trust Cerazette one bit :frown: someone heeeelp xx
Reply 38
Hi Anonymous,
Same here, I was on cerazette for 9 months and in the beginnen had prolonged periods. After my body got used to it, still had monthly bleedings but they only lasted for 5-6 days (normal periods). In June I had forgotten to take 3 pills in a row and I am now also having my period for three weeks in a row. I went to the doctor to check, but nothing to worry about, since it is such a light pill, your body needs some adjusting time because of the forgotten pills (like in the beginning).

I think it is quit normal you (and I) are experiencing this. I'm hoping the bleeding will stop soon. When I started with Cerazette 9 months ago, I bled for a month in a row, and then everything turned to normal.
You could see a doctor if you are too worried about it.
(sorry for the bad English, it's not my native language)
I had problems with cerazette - if I didn’t take my pill before 12pm I would bleed for a few days actually. Please don’t listen to the criticism about not going to the doctors about this too much, because hormonal contraceptives can seriously mess with your cycle and it isn’t usually anything to worry about. Mini pills are ‘supposed’ to stop periods, as I’ve been told, but missing pills obviously interferes with that, and if you’re stressed that can also interfere with your cycle as well, which could explain the prolonged bleeding!

Quick Reply

Latest