The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Mock Paper Question 6b

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kelsey.phillips
WOW you're a lot further ahead than I am!!

Are you going for the *?

I'm studying FP1, FP2, S2, S3, M2, D1 and D2...

I've only covered FP1 and FP2 so far!! I need to hurry up don't I!!

Finished now :smile: I'm definitely going to try to get an A* but I'd be happy with an A as that's what I need to meet my firm choice. What grade do you want?

S2, D1 and D2 should be alright so you've still got more than enough time!
Reply 21
Original post by alow
Finished now :smile: I'm definitely going to try to get an A* but I'd be happy with an A as that's what I need to meet my firm choice. What grade do you want?

S2, D1 and D2 should be alright so you've still got more than enough time!

Ah cool, where is your firm? And what's your insurance?

I'm going for the A* as I'm going (hopefully) to meet the Warwick offer (A* FM and Step2 or A FM S1).

Yeah hopefully! Have you started Past Paper practice and how are you finding motivating yourself to work? Do you work at home? :smile:
Reply 22
Ah cool, where is your firm? And what's your insurance?

I'm going for the A* as I'm going (hopefully) to meet the Warwick offer (A* FM and Step2 or A FM S1).

Yeah hopefully! Have you started Past Paper practice and how are you finding motivating yourself to work? Do you work at home? :smile:

Cambridge Phys NatSci is my firm, and Durham Physics (unconditional) is my insurance.

Good luck! Is it STEP I you're doing or do you have to do II or III?

I've just started past papers in the last couple of days, they're actually not as hard as doing textbook exercises which is nice :smile: I just think about how disappointed I would be in myself if I don't get an A, that usually motivates me a fair bit. I'm not very good at working at home so sometimes I walk to the library as there are less distractions there. Where do you do your work?
Reply 23
Original post by alow
Cambridge Phys NatSci is my firm, and Durham Physics (unconditional) is my insurance.

Good luck! Is it STEP I you're doing or do you have to do II or III?

I've just started past papers in the last couple of days, they're actually not as hard as doing textbook exercises which is nice :smile: I just think about how disappointed I would be in myself if I don't get an A, that usually motivates me a fair bit. I'm not very good at working at home so sometimes I walk to the library as there are less distractions there. Where do you do your work?

Congratulations! Best of luck!

I'm doing Step 1 and 2 to cover myself!! I'm trying to progress, though it doesn't seem like I am making much progress with it!!

Oh good that is a relief!! I am working from home a lot of the time, are you nervous/scared??
Reply 24
Congratulations! Best of luck!

I'm doing Step 1 and 2 to cover myself!! I'm trying to progress, though it doesn't seem like I am making much progress with it!!

Oh good that is a relief!! I am working from home a lot of the time, are you nervous/scared??

Thanks! Good luck to you too!

That's probably a good idea, from what I've heard the only way you can really get better at STEP questions is to practive loads...

I'm a bit nervous, I could get an absolutely awful paper for a couple of my exams and do badly :/ are you?

Quick Reply

Latest