The Student Room Group

Raf worry

Hi there, i have applied for the raf and am due to go to cranwell for my aptitude tests in 5-6 weeks. I was having a chat with all my pals about it and later on one of them decided to ask me if I had done the drug test (which I haven't) and then proceeded to inform me that he had spiked my drink along with a good friend of mine with half of an ecstacy tablet around 3 weeks ago at a house party. He said he didn't tell me because it didn't have much effect on me but now I am worried that it will show up in my test. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I should do? Thanks for any help
Reply 1
The longest ecstasy will stay in your system for is 4 days. It wont show up in tests after that so you will be fine.

There is also a chance your 'friends' are just messing with you. Either way, it's a pretty stupid thing to do.
Reply 2
I read that if they take hair samples it can be months before it is cleared, do you know if it is a blood test or urine test? If he's telling the truth then I wouldn't class him as a friend anymore if he has potentially ruined my career.
Reply 3
It's normally urine for the medical and then blood and urine later. You probably have nothing to stress about so I wouldn't worry.

I definitely wouldn't class him as a friend even if it turns out he's lying. Just telling you that he has done that is a really ****ty thing for a 'friend' to do.
Reply 4
I am quite the worrier but are you sure about the tests? This is literally my dream job and I'd hate to f**k it up. Sorry to be a pain haha
Reply 5
They wouldn't take a hair sample as he isn't in the RAF yet but when the drug squad comes round your camp if your suspected to be taking drugs you could have the hair test done.

And I would ask I think to my self, are these people really my 'friends' could have ruined your career.

Think carefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Ok thanks for your help, I know i am absolutely ragin at the guy that done it and whoever knew about it, thanks again
Reply 7
Yeah mate best not to worry yourself too much about it now as there isn't any need.
Reply 8
Haha I've been to Halton I know what's it's like. You'll meet new friends and there are some good lads

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I honestly cannot wait to go wait to go, thanks for your reassurance!
Good luck with your aptitude tests. I did mine last week and passed! Very chuffed. I thought I'd tell you that they are very difficult, and some of them are genuinely impossible and (I think) designed to make you crumble under pressure and stress. I kept telling myself "keep calm and do what you can". I walked out of the room with my tail between my legs almost 100% sure I'd failed - it turns out I passed everything really quite well.

What I'm trying to say is keep concentrating and try to not get flustered.
Original post by Russell_Crowbar
Good luck with your aptitude tests. I did mine last week and passed! Very chuffed. I thought I'd tell you that they are very difficult, and some of them are genuinely impossible and (I think) designed to make you crumble under pressure and stress. I kept telling myself "keep calm and do what you can". I walked out of the room with my tail between my legs almost 100% sure I'd failed - it turns out I passed everything really quite well.

What I'm trying to say is keep concentrating and try to not get flustered.

Congratulations and good advice, self induced pressure is your worst enemy at aptitude and OASC. I know it's easy to say it, harder to do, but try to keep calm and focused as much as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Thanks a lot for the info, the date for mine is the 6th of April so not too long! I'll just need to try my best to stay stay calm and try not to stress myself out.
Reply 13
Stay calm, don't spend to long on any 1 question. And in the mental maths, focus on the easy adding, subtracting, fractions and decimals questions first!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest