The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Course change - edinburgh uni?

Hi :smile: I've got two offers for humanity degrees but I would like to change one of them to Englishlit. I just emailed the humanities department. Do you think this is possible? If they say no by email can I change when I get there? Thanks
Reply 1
Hi,
the university is generally very open to this sort of thing (my friend changed from chemistry to mathematical physics during the Fresher's week, just like that), but it may be a problem if the programme you wish to switch to is crowded - which English lit, from what I've heard, generally is.
If the department says no, I doubt they would let you change in September, but you may take English lit as an outside subject and change the programme later.

This person has a similar issue btw: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2075158
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Hrochan
Hi,
the university is generally very open to this sort of thing (my friend changed from chemistry to mathematical physics during the Fresher's week, just like that), but it may be a problem if the programme you wish to switch to is crowded - which English lit, from what I've heard, generally is.
If the department says no, I doubt they would let you change in September, but you may take English lit as an outside subject and change the programme later.

This person has a similar issue btw: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2075158

Hi! Thanks for your reply. That's reassuring hearing about your friend! How easy would it be to change to primary teaching? Not sure if this is really popular or not. Thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by Faye__1996
Hi! Thanks for your reply. That's reassuring hearing about your friend! How easy would it be to change to primary teaching? Not sure if this is really popular or not. Thanks!

That might be a little difficult. I'm not sure if you can take Primary Teaching as an outside course so I'm not sure. You'll have to inquire more about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending