The Student Room Group

Should i inform the unis if i'm reapplying?

Hi!

I applied for several unis last year (Manch, exeter, leeds, southampton) and got unconditional offers which I eventuallyrejected because I had to take a gap year. I'm reapplying to them this year for the same course and was wondering if it would be better/needed to drop them an email to inform them of my reapplication?
Reply 1
Original post by joygasmic
Hi!

I applied for several unis last year (Manch, exeter, leeds, southampton) and got unconditional offers which I eventuallyrejected because I had to take a gap year. I'm reapplying to them this year for the same course and was wondering if it would be better/needed to drop them an email to inform them of my reapplication?

I doubt the universities will make a note of it and bear it in mind for a future application because, quite simply, they have so many applications it would be too difficult. For example, the University of Manchester would have received around 50,000 applicants in your cycle - I doubt they have a database to store information like this.

Your best bet would be to mention this generically in your cover letter - talk about how your circumstances changed last year and how you had to withdraw. None of them will hold it against you.
Why did you not just ask to defer? Then you wouldn't have to apply again.

Anyway they probably won't care, they're not going to hold a grudge against you, they just want good students on their course so unless the other applicants are generally better this year (or they've changed the entrance requirements) you'll probably get offers again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending