The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Confused about UCAS - easy questions

Hey :smile:
I got offers from Bath, Warwick and St Andrews that I'm considering.

A few questions:

How/when do I pick firm and insurance choice?

When do the accommodations open? Does it depend on the uni? and how can I make sure I'm one of the first people so I get a place?

This is all we have to do, right? At least until we get our exam results and are accepted or not?

Thanks!! :biggrin:
Original post by CECIGD
Hey :smile:
I got offers from Bath, Warwick and St Andrews that I'm considering.

A few questions:

How/when do I pick firm and insurance choice?

When do the accommodations open? Does it depend on the uni? and how can I make sure I'm one of the first people so I get a place?

This is all we have to do, right? At least until we get our exam results and are accepted or not?

Thanks!! :biggrin:

Hi CECIGD,

Congratulations on your offer!

You mentioned three universities that you received offers from, have you heard back from all of your universities?

If you have, you should have received an email from UCAS directing you to UCAS Track to make your replies. You'll have a deadline shown in Track by which to do this.

If your last university replies to you before 31 March, then your deadline to chose your firm and insurance will probably be 7 May, but as I said, Track will give you an exact date.

When choosing your insurance, make sure it's somewhere with lower entry requirements but still somewhere you be happy to go. Remember, you will only attend your insurance choice if you don't meet the conditions of your firm but do meet the conditions for your insurance. You can't choose between your firm and insurance when you get your results.

Yes, accommodation application dates depend on the university and you will usually only be able to apply for accommodation at your firm choice.

Applications for the University of Bath's accommodation will open in April. You should receive an email reminding you if you have chosen Bath as your firm.

See here for more information on the University's accommodation.

Yes, this is all you have to do at the moment and once done you will be free to focus on your exams. Best of luck!

Kind regards,
Isabelle
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi CECIGD,

Congratulations on your offer!

You mentioned three universities that you received offers from, have you heard back from all of your universities?

If you have, you should have received an email from UCAS directing you to UCAS Track to make your replies. You'll have a deadline shown in Track by which to do this.

If your last university replies to you before 31 March, then your deadline to chose your firm and insurance will probably be 7 May, but as I said, Track will give you an exact date.

When choosing your insurance, make sure it's somewhere with lower entry requirements but still somewhere you be happy to go. Remember, you will only attend your insurance choice if you don't meet the conditions of your firm but do meet the conditions for your insurance. You can't choose between your firm and insurance when you get your results.

Yes, accommodation application dates depend on the university and you will usually only be able to apply for accommodation at your firm choice.

Applications for the University of Bath's accommodation will open in April. You should receive an email reminding you if you have chosen Bath as your firm.

See here for more information on the University's accommodation.

Yes, this is all you have to do at the moment and once done you will be free to focus on your exams. Best of luck!

Kind regards,
Isabelle

Thank you so much Isabelle! I'm just missing St. Andrews (:
Great to hear specifically about Bath since it's most probably going to be my firm choice!

Quick Reply

Latest