The Student Room Group

Help with Higher Modern Studies essay

“Critically examine the view that there is little opposition to the Communist Party in China”

So basically this is the question for the higher modern studies essay. I'm really confused, I don't know what I should talk about. Can someone be nice enough and give me some advice and help? :frown:
I did the introduction:
China is ruled and organised by one political party the Communist Party of China (CPC). This party came to power in 1949 and claims to have 78 million members in which the majority of these members are males over the age of 35. Females and younger adults are under-represented in the CPC. Unlike political parties in the UK, the CCP id deeply involved in the lives of ordinary people, watching over and influencing what they learn at school, watch on TV and access on the Internet, their jobs and housing, even the number of children they have. Over the years the CPC has been good at removing all elements of opposition and it maintains a strong grip on politics. The little opposition to the Communist Party is shown by the lack of widespread protests in China despite not having freedom that we have in the UK. Also, Chinese people do not have tradition of democracy as we do. However, some groups do show opposition (but tend to be crushed if they don’t co-operate with the governments) and these are often the dissidents.

Please, I'm really stuck and I need to hand in this essay on Monday
Thank you!
There are threads for all the highers and prelims in the scottish qualifications section : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=41

Original post by aiesot
x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending